skyhawk expansion exaust

GoldenMotor.com

sly_wheelz

May 26, 2013
Maine
So i have had my exaust on my bike for maybe a month and today on my way to work i noticed it get a little louder and i thought maybe it was loose but i was on my way to work and didnt have time to stop... i than felt a little wobble, loss of power and the bike revved very high and was loud as F**k. i looked down and my shiny new exaust was gone.... after further inspection i realized it was due to poor welding, my studs, bolts, nuts, washers, seal and very end of exaust are still attached. I work at 4:30 in the morning and the ride is a 5 mile ride, i had to pedal half of it and ended up puking my brains out when i got to work, i must be out of shape... but all in all my main message is that i dont really recommend this exaust, i know products vary from each individual item and i may have just received the only crappy one but this is my story and it sucked. .bf.

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
I had something similar happen with the larger BGF pipe. Fortuneately it hooked around my downpost, and I had the muffler-end secured. Was about 3 miles from my destination at about 3AM. Took the chance and rode home "naked". Loud as ****, but actually ran like a beast. My school of thought is you can ride short distances without your exhaust in emergencies; no real risk of longterm damage.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Don't blame the pipe for failing unless you had it mounted correctly. Hanging ANY pipe on only the exhaust studs will cause problems and breakage.
Rig up a second mount of some kind to keep it from flopping around and you will be MUCH less likely to run over it again.