Motorized 'Full Suspension' Cruiser!

GoldenMotor.com

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I just finished this bike for a customer to take to Burning Man.

I custom built a set of heavy duty alloy wheels with a Nexus 3-speed hub & a front disc brake & welded a SBP pipe to give it more power.

This bike rides super smooth!

image-2977863126.jpg

image-2398746471.jpg

image-3412458198.jpg

image-1325430679.jpg

image-145227375.jpg

image-1295801681.jpg

Venice Motor Bikes

Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Did you have to do anything to the spring tensioner to keep the chain on?

Is there any slop in the rear end?
I added a heavier spring to the tensioner, & I also hooked it onto the clutch arm to give it more 'pull'.

The bike's made by RustySpokes.com , & there's no slop, but the swing arm does have some 'flex' to it, (but nothing too bad).

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
nice norm
I had met the guy who owns and designs / builds the rusty spokes suspension bike at the interbike show 3 years ago

I have been splicing the cantilevered mountain bike with the rear suspension to the seat post of various cruiser frames in both 24 and 26 inch wheels -- pedal smooth as ice and I think should be very popular
can stretch in the making for any of the four strokes either horizontal or vertical!!! plenty of room!!!

sorry you did not make the ride last saturday

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Nice Norm....I like the old "Rusty Spokes" but that actually looks like a newer one. If the customer was willing to pay for some extra cleanliness, I'd have built him an in-frame tank and mounted the coil under the engine on the bottom of the seat tube by the BB. It's just me and the peanut tank don't see eye to eye is all ;)

Burning Maaaaaaaan! Wish I was goin:D

\O/
X
/ \
wwwwwwwww

Venice Motor Bikes

Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Ya Scott, I hear ya about the tanks.
I do everything i can to use custom tanks whenever I get the chance... but this guy already spent plenty on this bike. :rolleyes:

Dogtown Burner

Sep 15, 2011
Los Angeles
I just finished this bike for a customer to take to Burning Man.

I custom built a set of heavy duty alloy wheels with a Nexus 3-speed hub & a front disc brake & welded a SBP pipe to give it more power.

This bike rides super smooth!

View attachment 61917

View attachment 61918

View attachment 61919

View attachment 61920

View attachment 61921

View attachment 61922
great job, Norm. That's a very clean build and a I think something that a lot of folks have been wanting to do / see but havent been able, or have been scared. You may have opened a door to a whole new wave. again, great job.

Venice Motor Bikes

Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I decided to do some testing of how well the chain would stay on during real heavy riding & managed to pop it off... So I added a Arrow case saver, a tall spring arm & another spring.

So far it's working good & I haven't had any calls from the customer about any problems. :)

image-2320024280.jpg

Moto

Jan 7, 2012
San Francisco, CA.
Too bad its going to burning man! I fix a lot of burning man bikes (before and after the event) and let me tell you after a week on the alkaline desert exposed to the elements they become the biggest rust buckets you can imagine. Its really incredible actually. Your build quality is not lacking so im sure it will be fine :) KEwl bike!