Short people builds

GoldenMotor.com

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I had my second 'height challenged' customer recently, she has a 29" inseam.
I am talking some seariously short legs here but she wanted a 2-stroke beach cruiser with fenders so I did what I could.

I started with the smallest Macargi Pantera 7-speed, cut the top part of the seat post tube down over an inch so there was just enough room for the clamp, changed the seat out for one that sits another inch lower and got it down to 32" seat top to ground.

She can just get both toes on the ground straight up but OK with just one foot flat on the ground without leaning too much.

It was a woman so of course she needed baskets.
I like these collapsible baskets for $30 per piece because if you have rode a bike with baskets like this you know what a pain in the butt it is to swing your leg around them to mount and dismount so closing them when not needed really helps and with her short legs I would imagine it would be pretty comical to see her mount and dismount with with both baskets full of stuff ;-}

comfortableshoes

Jul 22, 2008
Beverly, MA USA
I like that a lot. As a height challenged person I feel her pain. Searching for a decent bike is a challenge. All my life I rode bikes that were just too darn tall for me. When I got to college I went to a proper bike shop and got fitted for a mountain bike. Luckily the only bike they had in the shop that fit me was one I like.

Good job on making her a classy looking and fun ride!

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Thanks guys, seems even taller people like that 'down low' look as the build on deck will be a low as I can go with short low handlebars, spinger front end and poo-poo X-pipe, that flexable one gasbike has now so we'll see how that goes but that's another topic.

Here's my answer to a short inseam.. I have a 30 inch inseam.

Nice job Shag, you go an 1" at least right?
Just a question, can you pedal all the way around sitting down that far back?

One other note is the stock bike has tall tires, by going with just 1" smaller height 26" tires you can get 1/2" lower.

Shagasaur

Aug 2, 2013
Utah
The most important thing that I gained with the lay back was not landing on the tank when coming to a stop... I have found that I need to raise the seat 1 inch to get better leg extension. The other thing I gained was handlebar turning radius, I'm a big guy and that which I'm pedaling to lose is still in the way. :) Thanks

Check out my bike blog... Just started today:
http://roadrash70.blogspot.com/2013/08/in-beginning.html

Thanks guys, seems even taller people like that 'down low' look as the build on deck will be a low as I can go with short low handlebars, spinger front end and poo-poo X-pipe, that flexable one gasbike has now so we'll see how that goes but that's another topic.

Nice job Shag, you go an 1" at least right?
Just a question, can you pedal all the way around sitting down that far back?

One other note is the stock bike has tall tires, by going with just 1" smaller height 26" tires you can get 1/2" lower.

Last edited: