11 tooth sprocket freewheel drive gear is broke! What replaces it?

GoldenMotor.com

lwtint

Mar 19, 2013
Orlando, Florida
I have an 11 tooth frewheel drive sprocket and cannot find a replacement anywhere. Also running a 415h chain that came w/ 4 stroke kit.

Last edited:

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
I think its better to have a fixed sprocket because it saves a lot of ware and tare on the breaks, just like a semi.
Plus it makes a good exhaust noise when your your slowing down.

I recommended welding it rather jb weld... jb weld didnt last long for me.

Mr. Minecraft

Visionary
Jan 13, 2012
San Diego
Take a look at this before buying anything, the freewheel option is a must (at least for me) when running these 4 stroke kits. This is from this thread: http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=45869

I just wanted to say that I bought engine kit from Phantom Bikes, and on every engine they sell, they replace the stock one way bearing with a heavy duty one that has had no troubles so far. My dad's bike still had the stock bearing on it though, and it blew out in a just a few days so we took it over to Phantom Bikes and they replaced it, replaced the carb with a newer one, and aligned/adjusted the chain and sprockets, all out of the good of their hearts.

I asked them about the one way bearing before buying the kit to see what they had to say about reliability, and Sterling told me that they have not had any bikes have a problem with the bearing they use. I am not sure if the 4g tranny they sell is the "new and improved tranny" or they took matters into their own hands and replace the bearings with something they found works better. When you buy a kit from them, they actually include all of the stock parts that they replaced in the box.

Either way I would give them a call and talk it over with John or Sterling. They have the best customer service out of any company I have seen, and am sure they would part out a tranny from one of the engine kits to sell you. At the very least they could send you a bearing to put on a 4g kit you buy from somewhere else. Phantom Bikes is an excellent company that holds many of the great qualities other companies have lost.

Stock bearing they throw in the box:

Heavy Duty bearing they put on all of their bikes:

I hope I have provided you with decent information, ride safely!

-Chris N.