Sunlite 6V Generator light set -- Good?

GoldenMotor.com

BigBlue

Nov 29, 2011
California
Product Description
This is a 6 Volt light set. Head light and tail light w dynamo generator. Its 6V so its compatible with the china motor kits as they are 6v as well. Pirate says run the generator till you cook it at 30MPH then hardwire it to the motor, arrrr.

Why buy one if your going to burn up the generator. Just buy a headlight or make one. many people have posted here how to make one that runs off the motor.

Here's one on the other forum by Sgt. Howard:
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?39474-5-Home-Depot-headlight-revisited

Good Luck,

Chris
AKA: BigBlue

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
All you need is a voltage regulator and you won't burn up the generator or the lights. If you want to run the lights on a battery and use the generator to charge the battery, you'll need a rectifier as well to convert the ac to dc. If you don't use a battery, the light will shut off when you come to a stop.

Wickedest1

Oct 31, 2012
connecticut
Ok so I've had a dynamo headlamp, 6 volt, my generator is great...puts out consistent voltage, only issue is the lights arent bright enough. I have my generator light and a modified, home made headlamp...in my opinion, they still cannot cut it for pothole visibility, they do allow people to see you a bit better, but I'm also using incandescent bulbs...I've yet to find l.e.ds within my absolutely broke bank...good luck...the shack sells light bulb bases for around 2 bucks and bulbs as well...my current headlamp is a modified garden lamp that has the bullet shaped outer casing...i changed out the bulb base and wired it to a toggle switch run from my magneto...cool shape...

locutus_1

Oct 31, 2010
california
dynamos dont work that well hardly throw light out.. get a cheap set from ebay a 6 volt light setup and buy a 6 volt 5 amp lead acid battery 10 bucks from ebay mount it and voila bright light just remember now to let it drain and to charge it once in a while.. there is no solution righ tnow other than terryblows husang that has a generator built in....

which sucks if you alreadyu bought a motor and just want his now lol.. if i only had another 200 dollars