Harley 1915 Boardtracker

GoldenMotor.com

Lurker

Jan 29, 2010
Pittsburgh
Thats a sharp looking bike. What engine will you be putting in it? Also can you give us some more details on the fork? Did you buy it or make it? how it works, and especially the steering dampener.

axelkloehn

Sep 22, 2011
Germany
I built the fork on my own.
The fork bridges are from a MTB, made for 1" pipes. The one in the center is rotated 180 deg, and the top bridge is from a motorbike with some modifications. The spring is so strong and installed under tension, that there is actually no movement in the whole system...more for show as for function!
I'll do a close up shot for you.
As this bike will be for display only, there will be no functionable engine installed.
I sometimes think about making it an e-bike...but not for the moment.

Attachments

Last edited:

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
I love your visual ability to spot useable parts and be able to put things together without going out and buying a bunch. Your bike is looking realy AWESOME ..Did you notch the tub to bend it like the Indian build?........Curt

Lurker

Jan 29, 2010
Pittsburgh
Thanks for the reply axel. That looks really neat does the steering dampener actually work or is it just for looks? Also, how is the spring attached?

If you could post more photos of the fork that would be great. Sorry to be such a pest but I really enjoy looking at and getting ideas from your work.

axelkloehn

Sep 22, 2011
Germany
Now that's my idea of interior decoration. Beautiful bikes. Sit back with a cup of coffee, stare at the bike awhile and smile...
SB
You got it! :)
The real ones I cannot afford...but so I have something to look at and to dream of the time 100 years ago....at least.

Last edited:

Ed Rouze

Jun 1, 2010
Alabama
Wow ... that's one "green" motor in post no. 34! Looks to be a single cylinder, I'd say a Rhododendron or perhaps a Juniper? Great build!

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
"0" emissions WOW! you have thought of everything! Just Kid'n looks nice! and you diffenately got an eye for the authenticity of the styling back then.