Noob question about brake levers

GoldenMotor.com

roka

Oct 9, 2012
Mesa, AZ
I'm new to motorized bikes and am beginning my first build. I just ordered a 2 stroke engine and now need a bike. I'm leaning towards a mountain bike because (1) in general they're built to take punishment and (2) I don't like the idea of just a single coaster brake like most cruisers have. That said I have a question about levers. Where do you mount the clutch lever? Since both sides of the handlebars have brake levers on them I'm confused as to what to do. Suggestions/advise please! Thanks in advance!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Most mount the clutch lever on the left side along with the rear brake lever. The front brake on the right. It might look and feel crowded but after a few miles of riding you'll adapt to it and everything will feel natural.
Some folks like to use a dual pull brake lever that controls both front and rear brake from one point. It is personal preference and whatever works best for you.

Tom

roka

Oct 9, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Most mount the clutch lever on the left side along with the rear brake lever. The front brake on the right. It might look and feel crowded but after a few miles of riding you'll adapt to it and everything will feel natural.
Some folks like to use a dual pull brake lever that controls both front and rear brake from one point. It is personal preference and whatever works best for you.

Tom
Thanks! That answers my question. Tomorrow - bike shopping! brnot