Progress: First Motorized Bicycle RockHopper Meets 33cc Scooter Engine

GoldenMotor.com

cmanns

Jul 1, 2012
Santa Cruz, California
Still waiting on the fork, and must reverse the rear sprocket so chain lines up like a boss.

Feels good to have some progress made.

The rack is strong, it's held in by one bolt on the chain side so it can't slide down, I could add additional on the rack for manual height adjustment but wher eit's at is the best fit against the bikes frame. Then using pipe insulation which I may switch to thick rubber hose in the future, and of course theres clamps.

I want to add 1 more clamp at the top looping through the part of the frame the seat post goes in however it's job wont be much. With the clamps some what loose fitting, the motor barely jiggles with the bike side to side, lil less then 1/4th of an inch sway. I think with the chain mounted and the clamps tightened it'll not move at all.

dance1

Current Issues

Rear wheel has play in the bearings, moves side to side a tad but I've ridden much worse. I'll ditch this wheel soon as 3rd and all the derailer sprockets are loose.
Seat I got at the moment doesn't fit with the lever tightened down the metal touches and it just barely moves up and down still. Prob will swap friend for another.
Only tube I could find local was 26x1.9-2.15~ fitting. The tires I got are 3 ply maxxis minion DFh 26x2.7, I hope that doesn't cause an issue. Friend that had these tires prior said just go with 26x2. whatever and it'll be fine. It's been like 6 years since I bought tubes for a bike so no idea haha.

Last edited: