Cyclist faces manslaughter

GoldenMotor.com

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Published June 17, 2012

The Wall Street Journal

SAN FRANCISCO – San Francisco prosecutors said they would file felony vehicular manslaughter charges against a bicyclist who allegedly hit and killed a pedestrian, in a case that has become a flash point for debate over bicyclists' rights in the city.

The manslaughter charges -- unusually stiff for a bicycle accident -- stem from a March 29 incident, when 36-year-old bicyclist Chris Bucchere allegedly ran a red traffic light and plowed into 71-year-old Sutchi Hui in a crosswalk. Hui died on April 2 of injuries related to the collision, The Wall Street Journal reported Saturday.

An arrest warrant was issued Wednesday for Bucchere, who will be arraigned early next week, said San Francisco District Attorney George Gascon, adding that the manslaughter charges are unusual for an incident that would usually be treated as a misdemeanor.

"I'm hoping this case serves to raise awareness that rules of the road apply to everyone," Gascon said in a news conference Thursday.

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
If I remember correctly,you have to stop,and then you can go on red on a bicycle. There should be a penalty. Manslaughter though?......I guess if you want to send a message.

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
If you google this morons name and read his own post, you may likely change your mind about him. he wrote an o-bit for his helmet (in poor taste) as well as posting his side of the story on the net???? Remember, We all have the right to remain silent, what most people lack is the ability. Folks the lesson here is never talk to anyone after something that will involve the authorities, unless of coarse they are your LAWYER.............................. You have the right to remain SILENT. Anything you say CAN and WILL be used AGAINST YOU. You have the right to an attorney, if you cant afford one one will be apointed for you. Do you under stand these rights as theyve been read to you??? Remember the following words they may save your hide "I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY" (till I speak with my lawyer)

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
D G ,in his blog he admitts to going too fast as well as running the red light. Im not saying mansluaghter in a reasonable charge. Im just pointing out he is from a legal aspect anyways a moron.

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
I was talking to James912, but I think I read it wrong and now owe him an apology.

Head down,waiting for the madness to end.