29r Genisis.. Almost done?

GoldenMotor.com

richirich

Aug 16, 2011
Port Angeles, Washington
It’s taken all summer but I finally got my bike to where I want it! It really kicks butt now. So much trial and error and a lot of help from members of this forum so a big THANK YOU.
This is what I’ve done; let’s start with the motor- it’s a 66cc silver jet, I have replaced all the hardware with grade 8 studs and socket cap bolts throughout. The cylinder head was cleaned up at the ports; the intake and exhaust are about a 2mm wider due to the removal of the casting ridges. Gaskets all have been port matched. A NGK b5hs plug (it’s cold here in Washington) I have a manic mechanic billet high comp. head and tapped billet intake. Dual boost bottles (I know the duals are mostly for bling) I had also re-tapped the manifold port so the fitting is angled towards the head. The carb is the knock-off dellorto with #68 jet. The control comes from a billet aluminum pit bike throttle. it’s being fired by the Jaguar cdi and the exhaust is a modified pit bike pro-jet pipe. The drive train is the MM hub adapter with a 40 tooth gear and a D.I.D 415er chain. I got lucky and was able to angle the motor so I have perfect chain tension with no tensioner. I have the push button clutch and am riding on Continental Tourride 1.65 street tires and a HD rear axle. The cranks are the wide ones with bear trap pedals. The fuel is helped by the brass free flow valve with 32:1 super M ester based synthetic oil. I’m not going to say I’ve got some crazy top speed out of all this. But I’ve got to say that low end torque and acceleration is AAWWSOMME.
Anyways, Thanks again and Ride Safe…
.wee.

Attachments

Last edited:

xxjrkkrjxx

Oct 16, 2011
Arizona
Nice Bike

Hey, I really like what you did with this bike! The head looks really slick on this bike and I am really motivated to go out and build a bike just like this one. Great job on this!

Acraze

May 13, 2011
Tuscaloosa
We have the exact same bike but the similarities end there. You have nodded way more than I have thought about lol.

richirich

Aug 16, 2011
Port Angeles, Washington
Yea , its been a cool summer project. but now when ive finally got it all dialed in and kick ass im going to have to put it up for the winter. Oh well, back to the playstation..

Acraze

May 13, 2011
Tuscaloosa
Yea , its been a cool summer project. but now when ive finally got it all dialed in and kick ass im going to have to put it up for the winter. Oh well, back to the playstation..
Aw I wish you were more of an xboxlive person, I spend alot of my extra time playing first person shooters :). I think the only future mods I will do for performance will be the expansion chamber and smoother tires, maybe port polish. To make it sorta a better ride I should get them wider cranks you have, the ones in this bike are a joke an seemed to be made for a kids leg. Did you buy the crank and foot pedals online or locally? I would like to purchase some in the future, my dog chewed on mine.

richirich

Aug 16, 2011
Port Angeles, Washington
i was into battlefiel 1941 online, i am 2 ranks below the highest rank, it took most of last winter to get there. so now ill be back at it..Fight on Soldier.. LOL
"The only mods ill do for performance will be the expansion chamber...) Thats funny, you sound just like me there. (that is the exact first thing i said when i started) first the x-chamber then you get hooked and want more. then you gotta have the cdi to go with the x-chamber, then you gotta have the billit intake and carb to go with the x-chamber and cdi. Then you fiending for more ,so then comes the billit high comp head to go with the rest. W'ell as you saw thats what happened to me.LOL LOL
As far as the wider cranks- i got them from JNMotors but ive seen them on alot of vendors sites. i think i maby could have got them cheaper , so always check price and Shipping but i think around $40-$50 shipped.

richirich

Aug 16, 2011
Port Angeles, Washington
acraze, you might want to check zoombicycles for the cranks they might be the cheapest.
I believe they are the same square taper so you wont need to change the bottem bracket.

Last edited:

richirich

Aug 16, 2011
Port Angeles, Washington
Well i discovered that being clocked at 34mph by the police is right on. on the other site under wild in the streets there is a gear ratio to speed calculator. when i inputed all my gears and 6500 rpm which im sure my built motor can reach it gave me the speed of 34.2 mph. So if you really want to know how fast your really going to go check it out..

Haughnph

Nov 6, 2011
El Paso
Are you not interested in the shift kit? I am getting that bike this week. I am also going to get a dual port matched intake just run one carb (dellorto k/o) the other intake will be for better air flow. Port matched exhaust with expansion chamber. I will be getting a high compression head. Adjustable timing CDI. When this bites the dust I will upgrade my engine to the motovelo. I plan to have the shift kit with 10t jackshaft 27t attached to 54t and a custom free wheel for hills to the straights.

richirich

Aug 16, 2011
Port Angeles, Washington
And before you you go upgading to a "MOTOVELO" do a search of them, i dont think anybody has anything good to say about them.

If you goto the "Swap and shop" section under the tread " Anybody in western Washighton want to buy amotorized mountain bike" has the list of all that is for sale. Its a much better deal.

Last edited:

Haughnph

Nov 6, 2011
El Paso
Well damn you must live in a small town. College Town, Texas they are riding their a**es. In Austin they are flying around.

richirich

Aug 16, 2011
Port Angeles, Washington
The wasghigton laws on this are stupid and team this up with a small town thats easy to be spotted and a rookie cop out to save the world from motorbikers. and there you have it...

Greybeard

Feb 8, 2011
Sequim WA
I went to the DOL office in Sequim, they told me that I didn't need anything. When I questioned that, they called the DOL in Olyberg and was told that a motor assisted bicycle needed no registration or licensing. However they stood by the rules for an E-bike that the rider must be 16, wear a bucket, and have head and tail lights. Talked to a Sequim cop, a Sarg, and he said needed to be under 50cc.
The problem is that there are laws specifically about e-bikes, and specifically about mopeds, but not about motor assisted bicycles.

richirich

Aug 16, 2011
Port Angeles, Washington
I just got to say WOW, over 1000 veiws.
I would though like to thank all the members that helped and inspired the building of my bike for which none of it would have been possible.
Thanks

motor_bike_fanatic

Jul 26, 2011
Pennsylvania
You got a real nice bike there. Its such a shame that you cant ride it. I will give you some advice that may yet help you to be able to ride it. one. find a way to quiet your exhaust so the cops cant hear it. two. if you are wearing a motorcycle or dirtbike helmet, switch to a bicycle helmet. three. if you see a cop, kill your engine. four. paint your bike black or another dark color. 5. try to be as unnoticeable in general as possible. maybe these things could keep the cops off your tail.

richirich

Aug 16, 2011
Port Angeles, Washington
Thanks for your thoughts, but unfortunatly where i live is such a small town that it is impossible for anybody not to be seen. The police station is right in the center and they cruz the town like the gestapo. its like 15 miles from one end of town to the other. Im not surre if i mentiioned this in this thread but there are only 3 other bikes in town ridden by guys over 50 (im over 40) and their bikes were stock beachcruisers. Its just that our local city police are choosing not to look the other way and want to uphold the WA law that says all ICE MUST be licenced and registered as mopeds.

This bike is for sale but i think what im going to have to do is ,next summer strip it and just sell the parts. at least that way it will help feed my electric bike obsession now. LOL

Last edited: