Princeton Tec EOS BIKE Headlight

GoldenMotor.com

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
If you've been shopping for a bicycle headlight you've probably noticed the good ones aren't cheap. I've been using a crappy little headlight I bought on eBay for $2, but it's the kind where you can be seen, but you can't really see anything with it. After running over a parking lot curb in the dark a few weeks ago, I decided a real headlight that lets me see where I'm going might be nice.

I bought one these headlights, and it works really well. The claim is 70 lumens, but I compared it to a 150 lumen flashlight and it's performance was pretty impressive. It runs on 3 AAA battery's, and has 3 brightness settings, high, medium, and flashing. So far I've mostly run it on high, and the battery life seems if anything, better than advertised. The manufacturer claims 1 hour on the high setting, but I'm well over an hour now, and it's still pretty bright, but not as bright as when the battery's were new.

It has a good light spread, with 2 focal points. One shines down the road far, and one spreads the light out close for peripheral view. It really gets the job done. The fact that it works so well is great, but another important factor is it sells for a reasonable price. MSRP is $50. I bought mine from Performance Cycle on sale for $35.

They were having a 20% off anything in the store sale, and 20% off anything bought online. The store didn't have one in stock, but they have a red phone in their store to order stuff online. By ordering in the store, using the red phone, they gave me both of the 20% discounts woohoo.

EOS Bike | Princeton Tec