Can it be done?

GoldenMotor.com

2strokecycles

Jul 15, 2011
Toronto, On
the frame is not an issue.

how i want to build my motor is different.

its going to be a 2 stroke, i weigh 240lbs, so something that'll haul my fat ass is prime. suggestions with links are welcome. (must ship to Canada)

anyways.

i want a pull start.(if possible)

im not too keen on the dual break levers, so would it be possible to have the engine run with out having a manual clutch? from my understanding a centrifugal clutch would would like this?

Coaster brakes, the frame im buying does not have the brake boss's or any tabs for disk brakes welded on, and i rather not have them just to streamline the whole look. is it possible to have a coaster brake and the sprocket on the left side of the rear wheel? i really dont want to dish out the extra money on a jackshaft kit.

electricity - it is to my understanding that a magneto would supply a small voltage to lights/etc. true? if so how much? i hear 6volts.

not that big of a deal, but painting the motor, could i use engine paint to paint? or do i need to get it powder coated?

fuel lines, rubber ones make me weary is it possible to use steel braided cables?

Digi tachometers would it be worth buying one? i seen acouple for 30 or so dollars, that just clamp on to the spark plug cable and send the signal to the wireless display, with a .5 second refresh rate.

ill think of more....but enlighten me for now.brnot

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
I would get an engine from boygofast on ebay, he's a good dealer. The pullstarts normally suck but you can try. The cent clutches normally allow you to pull AND pedal start. You can get them for around 30 bucks. Yes you can do a sprocket on the coaster but you normally have to file or machine out the inside of the sprocket to fit the coaster. Dual pull, I love them personally, but whatever suits you. 6v system Special Magneto Coil Charger For Motorized Bicycles. - eBay (item 400109389682 end time Aug-07-11 10:42:43 PDT) this will do the trick but you need a battery too, you will NOT have luck without this system, it will just kill your engine. Fuel lines, get transparent yellow taigon lines. and the tach, worth getting :) there you go :)