Anyone tried this bike?

GoldenMotor.com

MotorNut123

Aug 31, 2010
New York
has anyone tried the dyno glide deluxe? i saw one today and it looks perfect for a motor. i believe it comes with a springer fork and its also a longer frame so it has plent of room. dance1

joabthebugman

Jun 21, 2010
ocoee fla
Not yet, but I have a Taboo Tiki waiting in the wings

And yes it should be a perfect bike for motorizing, other than the fact that it may well already be worth more than any bike I have ever sat on

MotorNut123

Aug 31, 2010
New York
im trying to find one for cheap. the springer fork is a plus. and longer frame is awesome. i saw it at my local bike shop, didnt ask if it was for sale. theyll prollyhave a ridiculous price tag on it

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
im trying to find one for cheap. the springer fork is a plus. and longer frame is awesome. i saw it at my local bike shop, didnt ask if it was for sale. theyll prollyhave a ridiculous price tag on it
Best I can tell the bike you are looking at sold for $369.99 back in 2008..., her eis a pic of another bike that would make a cool MB, Dyno Duece Cruiser....pics below.......

This bike is on ebay right now with $239 buy it now local pick up only in Boston Mass.

Peace

Attachments

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
That is a great looking ride.. No front brake is a problem for sure..
Yep. Duane

That has been a draw back for me on several of the bikes with the forks that would take a good bit of work to put a front brake on.

I know one could get a different wheel and go disc but in soem cases that woul druin the look of the bike so......I tend to stick with the old tried and true cruiser bikes or Mountain bikes that have good breaks or can have good breaks without breaking the bank.LOL!

Peace

MotorNut123

Aug 31, 2010
New York
I'm also interested in the huffy karaoke. Looks cool and can b playing some tunes while riding. It would b cool to run the little speaker off the motor aux wire. Only 3 volts to power the speaker (2 aa batteries) could b an idea?

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I'm also interested in the huffy karaoke. Looks cool and can b playing some tunes while riding. It would b cool to run the little speaker off the motor aux wire. Only 3 volts to power the speaker (2 aa batteries) could b an idea?
AA batteries are cheap...............

there would likely be so much noise in the stsyem that it would be useless to power using the mag. and if you didnt have a good voltage regulator you would cook the amp the first time you reved the engine very high because I have seen info that says the mags can peak at 9 or 10 volts at high RPM's which would likely fry the little 3 volt amp.

I have the Karaoke bike my self and it is actually my best riding bike, has about 700 miles on it now with no failures of any type on the bike and I ride on very.............rough dirt roads most of the time.....the miles I have on this bike would likely compare to 2000+ miles on a bike that is only used on the street where things are fairly smooth.

I did clean all the china grease from the wheel bearings and grease everything up real well with a very high quality grease and set the end play on the axles to zero without any binding, I trued up the wheels a bit, even though they were already pretty good when I got the bike.

Here is a pic of the next Huffy build I plan on, this one may go up for sell locally when done if it turns out the way I want it, I like the green on this bike and Iplan to keep the fenders on it after a build some better braces to secure them and keep them safe from the chance of coming loose and causing someone to chew on the pavement......

Also a pic of my DIRTY Karaoke when I still had the homeade Exhaust on it, which worked pretty good by the way....

Peace

Attachments

MotorNut123

Aug 31, 2010
New York
Did the karaoke have any setbacks during the build or did it go smooth? And is it a short frame? I wanna have enough room for a billet intake, different carb and an aftermarket filter. The retro huffy is cool, Gould look awesome with a motor on it

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Did the karaoke have any setbacks during the build or did it go smooth? And is it a short frame? I wanna have enough room for a billet intake, different carb and an aftermarket filter. The retro huffy is cool, Gould look awesome with a motor on it
As you can see in the first pic there is plenty of room for the billet intake if you go with a BGF big mount engine Kit and cahnge the peddle sprocket to a 36T sprocket instead of the 44T that come son the bike, you will also need to remove the chain guard wich is just something else to rattle in my opinion anyway.

these pics are in different stages of the bikes build with different things I've done and tried on it but you will see how the engine sits in the frame nice and neat with plenty of room, I will how ever recommend that you raise the front mount with a large tube mounting plate instead of doing it like I did and mounting the engine directly to the frame on the front, it works good but the large frame tube makes it neccessary for you to put a dent in the exhaust tube in order for it to clear the frame, I actually had to put a dent in the frame so I could use the SBP expansion pipe on mine because of the way I mounted the engine, but if you will use the large tube mounting plate you will not need to do this because the engine will sit up a bit higher in the frame and give better clearance, you may also not need to replace the peddle sprocket or remove the guard if you use that plate to raise the engine a bit.

The Karaoke is what I would call a standard beach cruiser frame in the length department, I'm 5'10" and 203 lbs and it fits me just fine.

SBP has the large mount bracket here in the pic that you can fip over the other way to raise the engine up to clear everything better if you want too, NOTE: I think this mounting bracket is designed for the standard front mount engine and not the large mount engine so be sure to call SBP (Sick Bike Parts) and ask before you go this route with a large mount engine......

Some of BGF kits come with the mounting plate in the kit and if it does that is all you will need and even though it shows a bolt for drilling the frame you dont have to go that route with this set up here is a link for it.

bicycle Motorized BIKE GAS ENGINE -bigger frame U clamp | eBay

Hope some of this help you out here bro.

Peace

Attachments

Last edited:

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
i think ill have to flip the mount over cause i am planning on getting the expansion chamber down the road.
Yeah that would be the way to go, just be sure to check and see if that frame adapter will work with the large mount engine if you do get one from BGF, if you buy the engine from any of the vendors here at the forum you will be getting an engine with the standard smaller front mount more than likely and themn this would not be a concern, or just get the engine and the bracket from BGF and all would be well with that also.

Best wishes..

Peacednut

magrider

Aug 24, 2010
OrangeCounty, CA
has anyone tried the dyno glide deluxe? i saw one today and it looks perfect for a motor. i believe it comes with a springer fork and its also a longer frame so it has plent of room. dance1
I built a Dyno Deuce for my brother, the Dynos are my favorite frame to build, Dyno was in my backyard Santa Ana, CA., just to let you know some try to get absurd prices for these bikes. I've bought three $130.00, $100.00, and my favorite $40.00 my brother got his for $120. the Deuce uses a 24" back wheel also. Culver City Classics uses the Dynos as well for his builds. Magrider