carb problem here

GoldenMotor.com

Blazecc

Apr 19, 2011
connecticut
so i have a nt carb with a skyhawk gt5 motor. heres the problem when i started it up and drove it it seemed fine bogging a bit till it warmed up but then i noticed the fuel in the line and the motor acting like it wasnt getting gas eventually stalling out on me. after a few seconds i was able to fire it back up and play with the throttle to get it home while never being able to give it more than 1/4-1/2 throttle or it would want to stall itself out

onanysunday

Apr 21, 2011
St. Paul
The fuel delivery on these engines use a simple gravity feed system. Your engine could be starved of gas (like mine used to be) Check fuel flow by removing the fuel line from your carburetor and turning the gas on. Does any fuel dribble out? You only need a small trickle. If nothing comes out or only one drop at a time, then I recommend buying a new fuel valve from sickbikeparts.com for about $15. This solved my fuel problem with a huge increase in fuel flow and these guys always have my parts delivered in just two days! Now my bike doesn't bog out any more at full throttle because it is getting as much fuel as it can burn under any circumstance. Good luck, I hope one of our comments may help get you back on the road!

Last edited:

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
I just said this in another thread, but I'll say it here too. I rejetted and that took care of it. At high RPM there just wasn't enough fuel coming in through the carb, and it was drowning in air. Larger jet allowed more fuel, and a much better top end because of it.

schwinner

May 22, 2011
az
I had an almost identical problem when I first bought my bike. I took apart the carb and there was a sliver of black plastic wedged where the float arm needle sets in to stop fuel. Pretty easy to check and it doesn't cost anything but time. Remove the carb, remove the bowl, and then remove the pin that holds in the float arm and check to see if there's any garbage stuck in that hole where the needle goes.