Racing CDI how to install?

GoldenMotor.com

Lecheroandpuertorro

May 1, 2011
Puerto Rico
Hi friends
i buy a racing cdi for my bike its the same of the JN Motors cdi but the wire dont have the same colors in the engine the cdi have a plug with 5 pins and the cables color are red,black,green,yellow and blue.any help is welcome
Thanks..Javierzpt

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
You will have to have the wiring plan from JN Motor. 2 wires from the motor magneto, 2 going to the coil and 1 to the killswitch I guess. The other side of the killswitch to ground. I just can't tell you what is what. I won't even guess.

Maybe if you provide a link I might be able to figure it out

dave

Lecheroandpuertorro

May 1, 2011
Puerto Rico
Hi Dave
thanks for you help i write a email to the people of JN Motors but i dont receive answer (only 2 days ago) but my concern is what cable in what cable but the color of the cables is not the same, nothing i wait for the info. someone installed this cdi and gived the wiring plan

Lecheroandpuertorro

May 1, 2011
Puerto Rico
hi Rommel
thanks for this its amazing this work.But i need to know you make this cdi? because i need to know how this funtion ?This cdi retard or advance the timing and at what rpm is funtion and how many grades that is the most important info.In my case i need advance the timing in the first 3k rpm stock timing in the next 3k rpm and the last rpm the timing curve continue in down in other word i like a cdi with a some grades in advance position in idle and when engine rpm increases the timing curve down.Let me know my friend i have many interest to read your answer.zpt

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
By adding a capacitor and resistor, you can delay the pulse from the magneto and the timing will be retarded. Advance is not possible, because we have to wait for the pulse from the magneto before we can manipulate and use it.
In order to advance, you would have to install the magnet in a super advanced position, and then use resistors and capacitors to delay this signal, and it will give you a range of retard/advance settings.

Vistaman73

Chat Box Junkie
Nov 29, 2009
Shawnee, Kansas
I was just thinking, is it possible to retard it SO much that it is actually firing in an advanced state in the next cycle? I'm not too smart with these. Also I am looking for a new CDI (mine shot craps) and I was wondering if you were thinking of selling your CDIs. I'd rather have one from someone who knows what they are doing rather than I make one, (I can barely solder). Thanks rohmell.

Lecheroandpuertorro

May 1, 2011
Puerto Rico
I was just thinking, is it possible to retard it SO much that it is actually firing in an advanced state in the next cycle? I'm not too smart with these. Also I am looking for a new CDI (mine shot craps) and I was wondering if you were thinking of selling your CDIs. I'd rather have one from someone who knows what they are doing rather than I make one, (I can barely solder). Thanks rohmell.
if you want a cdi visit jnmotors .com he have a racing cdi or if you want to modifi the fire timing check pistonbikes.com they have a variable magnet in my opinion the best is the jaguar cdi from jnmotors .Good luck