Worlds Slowest Indian briggs powered

GoldenMotor.com

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Hi all, I probably wont get to finishing this for a little while but thought id share anyway..... This is a mb that i plan to somewhat replicate and early Indian BTR. I stretched the frame 6 inches and stretched the rear as well. Well this was my first attempt at stretching a bike and well.... im not happy with it at present but plan on fixing it. I think the downtube needs to follow the wheel more, and once i fix that ill decide wheter i want to keep the rear stretched or not. The alloy pipe (free from work) tank in the picture was cut before i stretched the frame so i need to make a longer one. I have a 3hp briggs which i have ground down the extra crap off the barrell and a fitter at work is machining (at his leisure, it is free after all so i aint rushing him lol) down my flywheel. Ive collected a few parts so far.....

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
looks like a good start,I agree,Im for the pipe away from the front wheel a bit more and a slightly tighter bend

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Yeah my brother has a cheap bender,never used it before. ill have another go of the downtube. Exactly like you said it needs to follow the wheel, and the bottom piece tighter and lower

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
I was around a friends tonight sitting in his shed when for the first time i noticed a decent bar bender so i now need to get some more steel tubing and try a new downtube and if i cant follow the wheel ill use a straight bar with drop loop. It looks like i can get a way tighter bend on my mates bender then i can on my brothers. I also need to get some alloy for the tank. Ive been to metal recyclers and nothing. I may just try fabrication shops and ask to buy scrap bits. Failing that i may need to buy some new stuff as i did in the photo. i think i may get the front of the bike right, fit the motor then decide wheter i want to remove the stretch i put in the rear triangle. I could fill in that are with either a jackshaft kit or toolbox but i think id rather have the seat to be over the rear tyre. At present the bike is 1360mm (53.5 inches) axle to axle. Thats pretty long right. Too long perhaps?

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
Harleys are longer wheel base and stable at higher speeds,I figure that there should be your length or a bit longer and a touch more angle on the head tube makes for easy crusing (an adjustable angle one would be great ,corrects guessing)

Last edited:

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
I am some what confused about oil pump since I know the Briggs is a four stroke. The grinding down on flywheel, I am also stumped. I know some things may be for looks. The area that you gained for the engine placement seens ample not to need to alter the Briggs for fitting reason alone, yes?

Something not probably planned in the picture taken of frame, the knots in the fense are the eyes of the smily face:)

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
The oil pump is just for looks and BTR and early motorbikes had them. I think they provided oil to thecrankcase???? If i wanted i probably could put chain lube in it and have a copper pipe running to the chain to manually lube chain. Or use it as a choke or whatever.
Im running the B&S without the ugly outer cover. And as im quite fond of my leg and the skin attached to it i will be machining the fins off (the fins are to cool the engine when stationary, and i dont plan to stay stationary for long). This will make the engine thinner (always a good thing), and i extended the frame lengthways (obviously) so that extra room you mentioned doesnt accomodate a wide motor. Im trying to make it resemble an Indian BTR rather then a mower, hence the modifications. Hope this helps. I cant explain the fence, maybe its possessed.....

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
I was intending to put white tyres on this bike, but ithrew old mountainbike tyres i had for mockup and i prefer the black (i already have 2 bikes with white tyres). I dont intend on using this centre stand, i will eventually make my own....

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
I also had another go at bending a new downtube. Its far from perfect but im happy with it. If it doesnt look right, feel free to say so before i weld it on, which i have to load up and go to my brothers when hes not working (i really must get my own).

I also included a pic of the alloy pipe i get from work for free. It comes in 3.4metre (11.15ft) lengths, and is 100mm (4") diametre and 3mm wall. I use it for my tank (just hope its big enough in diametre). The pipe is only used in a delivery box to wrap a fabric around and then discarded, such a waste. But my gain. I also get the copper flat stock for free and will try and use it in this project, i used it to make a coil cover for my 66cc Kroon project.....

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
If it is galvanized ,don't weld in an enclosed garage and breathe the fumes,sombody here can expand on that better for an explanation,there may be a thread on welding dangers

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Yeah when i cut the pipe i will grind around the areas to be welded. Its thick pipe so i will be able to grind it back a little. And i have a mask to wear. But if theres a better way im more then happy to hear. The gal pipe was a lot of a **** cheaper so i got it. Hopefully it welds all right

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I got a good huff of galvanized teaching my self how to weld just recently. WAS NOT FUN OR GOOD! But now I keep a small fan in the shop, (read garage) Just need a slight breeze to keep from breathing the fumes. I am just learning and hope folks with more experience will help out here. But one good wiff, and I am a heavy smoker, and it just felt wrong. I didn't get sick like I was warned about but it really felt like it did damage or was gonna.

Didn't mean to get all serious, and truth be told, I dunno fer sure. But better safe then in the ER.