European union of Portugal (city of Port wine)

GoldenMotor.com

jose Pinto

Aug 29, 2010
Portugal
Dear friends, sorry for my English, I got my bike engine where I made some modifications,''and a bike with no great commercial value brand 'China', which is in Portugal for baptisms (Binas) but I really like. How should your knowledge of the european union is prohibited from movement on public roads. But there's always a but, I'm risking to date and have no problems with the police, but any day there goes the apple of my eye plus a fine of 250 euros. I will send along photos of my girl. thank you in advance for any comments

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

dance1

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Good luck to you, Jose.
Some advice that might help, ride careful, obey all traffic laws and keep your engine as quiet as possible. If you don't draw attention to yourself, especially negative attention, maybe the police will ignore you and go after the real law breakers. Keep us informed and congratulations on a nice looking bike. Ride careful, have fun.
Tom

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
I agree with Tom, keeping yourself under the radar will be good. Don't drive crazy and you should be good, but I have no idea what the police are like over there.

There was some posts a while ago about 'covering' motor. Something like this:
http://motorbicycling.com/attachments/f35/30189d1287403290-undeath-race-oct-30-cimg0006.jpg

think big covers on the side, but leave the front and back open to let air through. At least you'll be able to stop the motor and pedal past the police without any 'funny' looks :)

Nice bike by the way. Good luck to you.

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Welcome to this forum.
As a young man I traveled a lot in europe. With out a doubt the people of portugal were the friendliest most warm harted people that I met.

Your bike looks great. I like the rear tank. Perhaps I would put a support on the muffler as the long pipe puts a lot of stress on the manifold bolts.

Do you ride in the city only, or do you venture out to the hills?

Keep up the good work.

jose Pinto

Aug 29, 2010
Portugal
Thanks buddy, I agree with you, I struggled to be as unobtrusive as possible. The tasks are many, everything is done in my spare time are few and the family suffers. But when we want something enough to move mountainscvlt1

jose Pinto

Aug 29, 2010
Portugal
Thanks buddy, I agree with you, the Portuguese people are very hospitable something that runs in the blood, very OBLIGATION by comments from the bike, I do not like the gas deposit under the bike, it looks and just moped is a bicycle with a auxiliary motor. This tank I found a post of automobile recycling is the water tank of a Fiat car by plugging some holes fcou great. Now I'm thinking about making some rear panniers ~ out that uniting the two hide the tank deixand only the entry of gasoline. Your idea is good at hiding the engine is the link u sent a bike elecrtica, the idea was worth mqas usually ride my bike to the Saturday, buying food, paper, visiting friends and if there is nothing to buy invents itself. I have not quite mastered the English know it should not be easily read the comments mus like to know your opinion. I only with the help of google.