Experts Needed

GoldenMotor.com

mrgizmow

Oct 16, 2010
Pardise, Calif
I am new here and certainly do not want to present myself as an expert. Over the years, I have done lots with bikes (pedal) and played with motors as well. Having worked my way thru some advanced education by wrenching in a bicycle shop in the 70's I had a chance to own an original Whizzer. The old Gentlemen that owned the shop had serviced many a Whizzer and was familiar will all their weak points, but for me (a young lad) it was still fun.
I sold the complete Whizzer but used an extra (Whizzer ready) bike to explore the Baja peninsula, again, in the late 70's. Having a desire to revisit the 'simple' a few years ago I purchased a Golden Eagle kit (Subaru 35). This has served me well, but have an interest in getting a bit more pull, but minimal additional weight.
I have been very impressed with what the kit can do with only a minimal effort. Have chewed-up a few of the 'old' belts going up hills that were a challenge even when I was 'young and strong'. It seems at this point in my life, I am neither, but still have an interest in exploring the back country via machine. Currently move about via a highly modified Yamaha TW-200. The bike is great and certainly gets the job done, but having a much lighter machine to slide under 'logging gates' (not posted) would certainly be a plus. Gerry

Attachments

Last edited:

Ciretose420

May 4, 2010
Portland, OR
Awesome! Thanks for sharing. Watching all the fun everyone else is having is what's keeping me inspired on this project.
I've finally gone back to full time at my job again, so I can afford to finish this project before the winter is out.
I'm looking forward to next summer! haha

Keep Ridin'
Ciretose