running but no control

GoldenMotor.com

shotto

Aug 16, 2010
Indiana
I've got a 2 stoke scooter I'm working on.

I attached picture so you can see what I'm working with.

I can get it to run, but I can't control the RPMs. I'm not really sure where to attach the throttle cable on this new motor.

I Have a throttle handle and a butterfly valve with a primer bulb on it that I took off of the old motor. but it doesn't fit the new one.

I also can't stop the thing short of pulling the spark plug wire off. Is there a way to stop them or am I going to have to wire in a kill switch on the plug wire?

Anyone have any suggestions?

Attachments

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
Last edited:

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Yes, as Dave pointed out, the wire hanging in the air there is the kill wire....touch it to the cylinder head or scooter frame to kill the motor or hook it to a kill switch. I'm not too sure how well the HT type carb is gonna work on the case-reeded pocket bike motor. You've already had it running with that carb on it right. I think a Walbro HDA would be a better carb for it.

shotto

Aug 16, 2010
Indiana
Thanks for all of the tips guys. I'm going to try it out tomorrow and see how it goes. If it works out I should have it on the street by the end of the day.

shotto

Aug 16, 2010
Indiana
Anyone know what type of tip I will need to have on the end that goes into the carb?

Went to a bike shop today and tried to get a throttle cable but clerk said he couldn't help me because there are so many different kinds of cable ends. :\