48cc

GoldenMotor.com

1ceCold037

Mar 1, 2010
Reseda, CA
Wow just got my first 48cc slant head motor assembled and all i can say is that i'm very disappointed. This thing has absolutely no torque. barely has enough power to accelerate with my 200lbs on it. what a waste.

1ceCold037

Mar 1, 2010
Reseda, CA
i was looking for a slant head engine and zone8cycling.com only had slant heads for 48cc. since where i live anything under 50cc is street legal i decided i'd give it a shot.
i usually just buy the 66cc from zone8cycling and never had any issues.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
i was looking for a slant head engine and zone8cycling.com only had slant heads for 48cc. since where i live anything under 50cc is street legal i decided i'd give it a shot.
i usually just buy the 66cc from zone8cycling and never had any issues.
California law says nothing about 50 cc or motor size. That is an urban legend.
Show me were that is on the DMV or any other website.

It says 2 HP or less and a stock Chinese 66 cc 2 stroke makes about that.

zone8cycling claims 5 to 6 HP but that is just one of many inaccurate facts
they never correct.

1ceCold037

Mar 1, 2010
Reseda, CA
oh ok cool thanks for clearing that up. i always order from zone8cycling cause others don't ship to california. and the only slant head they had was 48cc.
well anyways... i don't like it. once it gets going it's ok, but to accelerate it takes forever.

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
A tuned pipe from a 49cc pocket bike makes a huge improvement in the whole rev range.
I bought one off eBay for 30 bucks. It can easily be bent with no more than a foot and a good pull.
I picked up 4mph on the top end,and pulled up a steep hill that I had always pedaled up before.

And this is the same type of pipe, but i cut and welded in a different header. Steel electrical conduit is the perfect size and you can use a conduit hand bender on it.

yendorrodney88

May 5, 2010
campbelltown nsw australia
Wow just got my first 48cc slant head motor assembled and all i can say is that i'm very disappointed. This thing has absolutely no torque. barely has enough power to accelerate with my 200lbs on it. what a waste.
1ceCold037 Hi what brand motor is it,how new is it,is it broken in yet,do you pedal when you ride,i have a grubbee/skyhalk 48cc and is still not totally broken in I am getting on average 25mph and thats without pushing it and what are you running on 16/1. yendorrodney88

gubba

Dec 29, 2008
jacksonville, florida
California law says nothing about 50 cc or motor size. That is an urban legend.
Show me were that is on the DMV or any other website.

It says 2 HP or less and a stock Chinese 66 cc 2 stroke makes about that.

zone8cycling claims 5 to 6 HP but that is just one of many inaccurate facts
they never correct.
actually there is no 'stock' 66cc since it is a rebuilt 49cc with a larger piston......etc
it is still a 49cc block and i have never found a cop willing to tear it down when i say 'its a 49cc'

stay dry
gubba

1ceCold037

Mar 1, 2010
Reseda, CA
1ceCold037 Hi what brand motor is it,how new is it,is it broken in yet,do you pedal when you ride,i have a grubbee/skyhalk 48cc and is still not totally broken in I am getting on average 25mph and thats without pushing it and what are you running on 16/1. yendorrodney88
im not quite sure what brand motor it is. im running it at around 32/1. it hasn't been broken in yet but i guess it's getting a little more tolerable. it pretty much has very poor acceleration. as long as i accelerate while pedaling it can pretty much keep a constant speed of around 25 when i stop pedaling.