fix one problem new comes up

GoldenMotor.com

smileymale

Jul 18, 2010
oshawa
ok well like the title says new problem i got gas leaking from my air filter i cleaned it and it still didnt help anyone know what it might be?

Beej

Jun 7, 2010
San Diego, CA
I feel your pain, happened to me as well. My issue was a piece of dirt from the tank was stuck in the carb. A lot of guys have this issue and either it is dirt or the float tabs need to be bent a tiny bit to lower the float level. Do a search for float tabs. There is a lot of info on it.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
ok well like the title says new problem i got gas leaking from my air filter i cleaned it and it still didnt help anyone know what it might be?
What regulates the fuel going into your carb is an octagon shaped sharp tipped brass part that goes up and down on the fuel input system, and attached to that wishbone shaped brass U the plastic float pushes up on to move it it close off fuel flow.

You can't fix this from the outside.

Turn off the you gas tanks fuel valve, then get something to catch the fuel all the way down until you can remove the carb. Just unscrew the top throttle plunger part and pull it off.

Now turn your carb over and again catch all the gas you can and pour it back in your tank.

Do yourself a favor here and wipe the whole thing off with a paper towel.

Drop the bowl and look.
The float could be sideways, the 'stop pin' might not be connected to the wishbone arms, the pin that holds the wishbone in place as a pivot point could be off, etc.

The point is, the float, wishbone, and bullet that rides on the wishbone are what control gas into the carb.

Once you have them out and look at them you should find your problem easy enough.

NOTE! Beware that little pin that holds the wishbone pivot to the carb!

Once the float bowl is off that little nearly invisible pin seems to almost jump off on it's own and hide.
Really, I am not kidding about this. If you don't pay attention to it you will find yourself trying to fasten yourself a new one from a paper clip too.

smileymale

Jul 18, 2010
oshawa
well just like i said new problem again i cleaned the carb out and now it seems my throttle is stuck on full not sure if its the cable or maybe the carb again

greasemonkey90

Aug 19, 2010
garden gove,ca
the slide might be sticking. take off the air filter or remove carb from intake manifold and twist the throttle and look to make sure the slide is moving through its full range of motion

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Also, the slide may be installed backwards. There is a groove on one side that goes the full length of the slide. It lines up with a small pin inside the carburetor.
On the other side of the slide there is a cut out ramp on the bottom. It lines up with the idle speed screw.
Another common cause of sticking slides is over tightening of the slide cap.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
And, install an in-line fuel filter. Hardware stores and lawnmower shops will have small compact filters that will keep the garbage out of the needle and seat of the carburetor.
As GearNut suggested, check the engine mounts first for a good solid fit to the frame. Also rear sprocket, chain and tensioner alignment. Keep in mind that you're dealing with a single cylinder 2 stroke engine. Vibration is normal and expected. Do not fall for the concept of soft mounting the engine in an attempt to eliminate vibration. You'll be replacing mount fasteners if you do.
Tom

tesla333

Sep 3, 2010
state college
i have a wheel problem the bearing races cracking on the back tire of my bike. Is thare somthing i can do fix this??????? the last owner of this bike had to replace the back tire every two months. brnot

tesla333

Sep 3, 2010
state college
i have a wheel problem the bearing races cracking on the back tire of my bike. Is thare somthing i can do fix this??????? the last owner of this bike had to replace the back tire every two months. :-||