Bodywork on the 9.4hp Morini 'SS' bike, now it looks as good as it goes!

GoldenMotor.com

FreeWheeler

Jun 22, 2010
Maryland
hey nidyanazo, I've been watching your progress and that is really nice. My Huffy can only dream of that kind of performance when it is complete. Your site says the sprinter will have a "target price" of $xxxx.xx, does that mean it will be available at Target? :)

nidyanazo

May 25, 2010
SoCal

45-50mph with a 44t/40t sprockets. I like the 44t because the acceleration is very good, and 45mph is as fast as I need, since there are no 50mph+ roads in the town I live in.

I may try a 50t sprocket for even more punch and see how that goes. Right now I'm waiting on my works pipe, that should bring me up to a bit over 10hp.
Then the 21mm race carb to replace my 19mm dellorto, which is advertised as giving a 20% increase in power. .wee.

As it is now, it dosn't lose any speed going up hills at all. That's the best part to having good power/tq

kicking

Apr 11, 2010
mississippi

45-50mph with a 44t/40t sprockets. I like the 44t because the acceleration is very good, and 45mph is as fast as I need, since there are no 50mph+ roads in the town I live in.

I may try a 50t sprocket for even more punch and see how that goes. Right now I'm waiting on my works pipe, that should bring me up to a bit over 10hp.
Then the 21mm race carb to replace my 19mm dellorto, which is advertised as giving a 20% increase in power. .wee.

As it is now, it dosn't lose any speed going up hills at all. That's the best part to having good power/tq
what kind of speedo is that nid ? and dose the bike have an chain tensioner on it ? I couldnt tell in the pics or vid . and is the cat eye an headlight?

nidyanazo

May 25, 2010
SoCal
Hey kicking,

Speedo is the cateye velo8, and ya that's my cateye 3led headlight.
It's not really that bright unless the batteries are brand new, then it's pretty dim :(

I use these to set the chain tension and wheel alignment:

And this is my chain:

D.I.D gold 415ER

kicking

Apr 11, 2010
mississippi
Hey kicking,

Speedo is the cateye velo8, and ya that's my cateye 3led headlight.
It's not really that bright unless the batteries are brand new, then it's pretty dim :(

I use these to set the chain tension and wheel alignment:

And this is my chain:

D.I.D gold 415ER
looks like you have made improvements on the muffler and chain nid ,

nidyanazo

May 25, 2010
SoCal
Yep, I'm really looking forward to receiving my order I placed for

This works pipe:

The PHBG21mm race carberettor

And the set of primary sprockets to change ratios fast

The acceleration is going to be fantastic!

bushido1287

Jun 29, 2010
anchorage, ak
i was planning to buy a morini motor and slowly add performance parts, starting with iridium spark plug, performance carb and so on. but here in Alaska, people drive like maniacs, and the main bike paths are not cleared off for weeks after the first snow so i need to be able to get 50+ mph to keep up with traffic. So are those speeds possible with this motor and mods?

nidyanazo

May 25, 2010
SoCal
i was planning to buy a morini motor and slowly add performance parts, starting with iridium spark plug, performance carb and so on. but here in Alaska, people drive like maniacs, and the main bike paths are not cleared off for weeks after the first snow so i need to be able to get 50+ mph to keep up with traffic. So are those speeds possible with this motor and mods?
Absolutely.

nidyanazo

May 25, 2010
SoCal
70 mph is posible with a morini, but going 50 your tires, brakes.duh..duh. and wheel bearing will most likely fail. good luck!
Haha he's right too, best thing do do is gear them to hit 40mph or so, and get maximum acceleration.
10hp pulls you pretty swiftly...
xct2

kicking

Apr 11, 2010
mississippi
Yep, I'm really looking forward to receiving my order I placed for

This works pipe:

The PHBG21mm race carberettor

And the set of primary sprockets to change ratios fast

The acceleration is going to be fantastic!
We can only hope to get information on the supliers of an muff like that . I am not much into the speed aspects of these builds ; but they must have good power to haul an man of my weight up steep hills too , I am at 232 lbs right now. And if an bike gets up to 70 mph , I would not only worry about bearings holding up and brakes failing , but how far I would skid when someone pulls out in front of me . I have been there before at about 50 mph and just managed not laying my motorcycle down . Not fun ! But helps me keep my skills up on cussing worse than an sailor