Chain keeps falling off sprocket

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Ron,
I'm a little baffled by your 'L' bracket concept. If the rear mount is saddled on the down tube correctly, how do you see any possible movement from side to side? As long as the front mount is also centered and tight, the engine cannot move. Just curious.
Tom

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Ron,
I'm a little baffled by your 'L' bracket concept. If the rear mount is saddled on the down tube correctly, how do you see any possible movement from side to side? As long as the front mount is also centered and tight, the engine cannot move. Just curious.
Tom
First off, all my installs, the engine is mounted perfect and without any bind on the mounts/studs what so ever. ( I stress that more then anything else in mounting these engines) Secondly I use a torque of 50 inch # on 6mm and 150 inch # on 8mm (using a inch # torque wrench). I couldn't see how the twist was possible either. I have had, like others have had the engine twist on the tubes, I can see it looking directly straight down on the spark plug. This twist is caused by the torque of the engine in the pull of the chain. I had a few choices..either tighten the 6mm nuts tighter, which I didn't want to do or figure out how to stabilize the engine, which led to the "L" bracket. Once installed I've never had a engine torque issue. So.....all my installs get it upon engine instillation, weather it will be needed or not. This might be a possibility...I haven't had a bike frame that was a perfect 75 degree "V". Hence all my installs I make and use a modified front mount. BTSOM

Last edited: