Wanted: Twist throttle

GoldenMotor.com

Fizzbane

Apr 4, 2010
Canada
The twist throttle i got in my kit was completely busted and i called up the place i bought it from and they apparently sent me a replacement. I havent gotten it and its been a month so, screw it, Ill just buy one.

I am looking for a new style twist throttle (with kill switch would be nice). I live in Canada so that is where you will be shipping. Are all of them plastic? cuz the one i got was plastic and i didnt think it would hold up anyways, i could be wrong tho.

Thanks. Fire me a PM or reply here. Much appreciated.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
NAPA has an all metal one fer like $10-15, even the twist tube is metal... no kill switch tho *shrug* It's a better 'nuff throttle that it may be worth havin' yer kill switch somewhere else or jus' using the choke to shut down... up to you ;)

part # 7-03921

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I paid more for the same one as a mini bike throttle via ebay. I've had several and they work fine. Also thought I'd put in here that the stock ones I have work well enough, just aren't very comfortable and stink. Cut off the stinky rubber, fit a good foam grip on there and you've got a smooth functioning, comfortable throttle that doesn't smell. I cover mine then in leather and stitch them up. The grips in the Napa photo are pretty comfortable, but foam is better yet. A little dish soap on the inside of the foam grip makes it go on the throttle more easily. SB

kla63

Jul 15, 2009
NEW HAMSHIRE
The twist throttle i got in my kit was completely busted and i called up the place i bought it from and they apparently sent me a replacement. I havent gotten it and its been a month so, screw it, Ill just buy one.

I am looking for a new style twist throttle (with kill switch would be nice). I live in Canada so that is where you will be shipping. Are all of them plastic? cuz the one i got was plastic and i didnt think it would hold up anyways, i could be wrong tho.

Thanks. Fire me a PM or reply here. Much appreciated.
thats dax sells them i got a good plastic one from him cheap money!!!! brnot

Fizzbane

Apr 4, 2010
Canada
@barelyawake: THANK YOU! wow. exactly what I wanted. Have you had any experience with those grips? Would there be much modification (if any) to get it all going?

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
The ribbed handgrips are... not comfy lol, but easy 'nuff to replace (they do get bttr w/use) - the throttle is ossum for the price, I haz one on my Rollfast, the Schwinn will soon get one too.

The only "modification" is switching the metal "noodle" that acts as a cable guide, it comes with one so you'll hafta decide which to use, shortening the throttle cable may be necessary... depends on the build/kit.