Greetings from Germany to all MoBi fans ( PICTURES )

GoldenMotor.com

Harry_from_Germany

Mar 21, 2010
Germany
Hi my name is Harry and I come from Germany.
Im 23 years old and my english is not the best ... so i dont know all technical words but i hope you understand me.

I build that bike in last winter. I bought the engine in Ebay USA and the seller send me the 70 or 67 ccm engine . So i started with my body work as you can see on the first 4 pictures... the tank has an capacety of 1,6 liter... so i can go 6o kilometers.
Body work done. Than i put all parts together .. Not so easy because i constructed my own transmission as you can see later. I can choose between 3 gears for the engine and 3 gears for pedaling. So it needs a lot of fine adjustmet unti all chains run and dont jump down anymore... So i did my first Test run :) BUT...

Attachments

Harry_from_Germany

Mar 21, 2010
Germany
BUT ! After 5 metes the engine started and after 10 meters it blows up... Dont know the reason exactly... I think the magneto didnt run round and jammed. than it made some terrible noise and the test drive was over... I had to buy a lot of spare parts and wait a long time untill they arrived in germany... Put all Parts together... No before i have to say something! As i decomposed the engine i wonderd how that could run ... i have never seen such cheep prodused engines before... very funny :) You see that rust on the picture? ...
So i put all together and made some testrides... ca 250 kilometers... runs great. top speed in 1 gear is 35 km/h in 2 gear 45km/h and in 3 gear 55 km/h with some wind from behind may 60 km/h .
I tested it with an bike computer. And it runs great dance1

Attachments

Harry_from_Germany

Mar 21, 2010
Germany
than i disassambled all parts and painted it black... also the engin with heat paint... I build another exhaust that fits better and makes a better noise :)
Now you see the pictures after assambling. First Pictures without Fenders

Attachments

Harry_from_Germany

Mar 21, 2010
Germany
Now the pictures with Fenders . I think it looks a bit more oldsql :) But i wount drive because everyvere here is snow and rain :( it is so nice clean now... , but the sprin will come.

Some Facts:
- Frame: 26 " Diamant frame from the 70´s produced in german democratic republic.
- Brake: only one V brake know but a disc brake is planed...
- Engine: 70 ccm china
- Tank: 1.6 liter self made
- Transmission: 2 switching hubs with each 3 gears ... these 2 hubs make it possible to pedal without motor turning and to roll without pedals turning... Very complycated self construction.
-Top speed 55: - 60 km/h that are ca 35-37 mp/h
Nearly all parts are new or worked up. It looks like new.

i want to sell it. What do you think about that bike and what can i take for it ?

thanks Harry

Attachments

Gator Wrestler

Jan 22, 2009
Springfield LA
Welcome to the forum Harry, yer English is plenty good enough fer us Americans. The quality of many of the products made in China leaves much to be desired. Those kits are so cheep here that many of the forum members who are into 2 strokes buy several just to keep a bike or two running. I have found that after tinkering with kits a few times one gains the skills needed to build a motorized bike by buying the engine and gearbox parts then adding a few of the kit parts to create a customized MB. This forum contains a wealth of information.
Good luck on your build.

Tom

Blakenstein

Sep 15, 2009
Alta. Canada.
Hello Harry from Edmonton Alberta Canada. I like your pictures. This is what I ride in the winter. The motor itself is very tough . I really pushed this tiny little motor and it got me through 2 winters already I was told that company who makes it is owned by MITSUbishi. I am not surprised because it really hauls.

The motor alone is over $200.oo (35cc)_

Attachments

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
(My German may be as rusty as some of those engine parts, but here goes: ) Guten tag, mein herr. Du bist richtig, so viele von diesen Chinesisch motoren - sind scheisse. Wenn sie einen motor kaufen mussen, achtung bitte!
I must go back to English now, until I can practice more. But please, watch what you buy. Some sellers check their engines carefully before sending them to buyers. Some do not. Some of the members on this forum here can tell you where to look for good engines, who to buy from, and where to get good service. All you need to do is ask them, they are very good at being willing to help.

Harry_from_Germany

Mar 21, 2010
Germany
@Blankenstein : Hi. So. It looks very... ahm ... solid :) but i think it will bring you through the winter :).

@ diceman2004 : Hi, no it are not stormy archer hubs... the hubs are from shimano and sachs, but the technice is nearly the same. (from old wimen bicycles) And the bowden cable with the hand circuit goes up under the saddle. ther is the small switch.

@AllenWrench: good german ;)! I bought the engine from "boygofast" and i think it was just my luck . **** happens. but he was friendly and i dident had to pay full price for the spare parts i needed. but if he would have tested the engine before selling it the trouble would have been spared me.

@ all: what do you think. How much is it worth? if i would sell it. i have seen some bikes from "derringer" or so... ok they may are a bit more high quality but how much do that bikes cost ? I mean are there people out there how would buy such bikes?

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Nice job on your build, especially a first build! You have a lot of engine room on that frame. With your tank the way it is the bike looks like it could have come that way from the factory. Welcome to the forum.
SB

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
SB you never grow up you just grow old. I had a Monark factory twin when I was 16-68 now and just going to finish friction drive with a motor from the 60'S

Harry I am confused How do you drive that hub from the left? it can't be on the outer hub it would free wheel Could you explain how you made it work driving from the left and still have the brake leaver? PS my ansesters were spelt Fuch now Fox

Last edited: