Dax Titan Friction Drive Wet

GoldenMotor.com

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
Here is a video clip of the new DAX Titan Friction Drive being tested in the wet and cold. Some folks have concerns of a Friction Drive in the wet. I hope this Video clip clears up the fact that this DAX Friction drive has no problems in the wet. Enjoy... It was not only soaking wet, but cold !! Burrr... Enjoy the ride !!

YouTube - Dax Wet Weather Friction Drive

Last edited:

ZRTMWA

Feb 23, 2010
Baltimore, Maryland
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mtKAajTXIrY&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mtKAajTXIrY&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
You can't embed youtube vids. My suggestions to the admin to fix have been ignored so far. :(

I'm no expert on friction drives but wouldn't some of it depend on how tight the roller was to the wheel? I'm pretty sure if you made the roller extra tight on the wheel only when inclement weather occured it wouldn't have serious negative effect on the tire.

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
True and False.. I mean.. Some Rollers no matter how much pressure is applied will slip when wet. But with the Roller we use, your statement is true. Simply apply more pressure and no slippage when wet. On my PMW "Patterson Motor Works" , no matter how much pressure you apply, it will slip when wet. But on the DAX, it works great when wet. It is a function of the Roller design. Enjoy the ride..

ZRTMWA

Feb 23, 2010
Baltimore, Maryland
Where'd you get that nice seat? That's the first bike seat I've seen with a back, at least on an MB. By the way was it really too sunny to go without the sunglasses when you filmed that vid? lol

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
If my memory serves me, I paid around 70-80 dollars for that seat. If I can find more of them, I can let you know. I do like this seat very much. But it was rather expensive. It is my favorite seat to be sure. Enjoy the ride....

ZRTMWA

Feb 23, 2010
Baltimore, Maryland
If my memory serves me, I paid around 70-80 dollars for that seat. If I can find more of them, I can let you know. I do like this seat very much. But it was rather expensive. It is my favorite seat to be sure. Enjoy the ride....
That's not that much considering many regular bike seats (no back rest) go for $50-$60. I was expecting +$100.

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
Hi Paul :). I have not mounted one to a full suspension bike yet.. But.. It will happen for sure. I will have to let you know how it works out. I am betting it will be awesome !! Enjoy the ride...

broHSI

Jul 27, 2009
USA, CA
True and False.. I mean.. Some Rollers no matter how much pressure is applied will slip when wet. But with the Roller we use, your statement is true. Simply apply more pressure and no slippage when wet. On my PMW "Patterson Motor Works" , no matter how much pressure you apply, it will slip when wet. But on the DAX, it works great when wet. It is a function of the Roller design. Enjoy the ride..
What diameter is the friction roller in your kit?
thanks

Titan XC50 4 Stroke motor with DAX Modified BMP Friction Drive System. This is Complete.
Includes, DAX Titan Engine, Drive, Throttle.. Every thing is included with this Kit

Jul 22, 2008
Northglenn,Colorado
Man now I got the bug again I need me one of those because I love how when you disengage it there's no drag whatsoever and it's your bike with just a little weight in back.
And I really could use the exercise when I'm riding....down a hill. :D
Hopefully if things go right this year I may give you a call,Duane!