Positive Crankcase Ventilation

GoldenMotor.com

karma1968

Oct 6, 2009
hamilton
i replaced my filter but don't have a place to install the Positive Crankcase Ventilation tube i was wondering do i just install a valve and leave it hanging?

any ideas?

thanks

Attachments

linnix13

Oct 7, 2009
in the world
i replaced my filter but don't have a place to install the Positive Crankcase Ventilation tube i was wondering do i just install a valve and leave it hanging?

any ideas?

thanks
is that what that tube was? to ventilate the crank case? i thought it blew air into the intake to lean the mixture out, thats why i never installed a new air filter. do you notice any power increase with that filter?

karma1968

Oct 6, 2009
hamilton
no if anything it made the performance drop. after having a closer look at the original filter
cover there are small air passages in the mold that the carb needs to function properly.

making the adapter was hard enuff. maybe down the road i will have another go at it but for now i reverted back to the original filter.

ps one thing i did notice before i forget if you look at your motor that little black adapter between the carb and engine intake has restriction. the opening on the engine intake is bigger than the carb. i see a larger carb mod in the future :0

cheers

Last edited:

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
Because my Google Custom Search sent me here, it will others; so I add:

I have a HuaSheng 49cc 4 stroke, stock carb. I discarded the stock air filter and housing, and used a customized after market air filter. Initially, I ignored the crankcase ventilation, and the engine would not run correctly. After modifying the filter to accept the positive crankcase ventilation tube, the engine operates properly. It does make some difference.

Last edited: