Schwinn Riverside - My 1st Motorized Bicycle

GoldenMotor.com

rfriesen

Aug 3, 2009
Omaha, NE
Re: Schwinn Riverside - My 1st MB

He Schwinn Riverside, I was glad to see your writing on the Schwinn Riverside.It was cool to see someone has the same likings as me. I just got my kit, and was tring to figger out how to make the front engin mount work, and i saw yours. Could you tell me , did you make it or did you buy it? I t6hink I could make one, but if you bought it , could you tell me were, it would make things eaeier.

Thanks
Skullman0956
I got my front mount from sickbikeparts.
Large Universal Front Mount - Down tube width: 1 1/2 to 1 5/8 inches

tcoe1955

Nov 15, 2010
Indianapolis, IN

Great looking Bike,

I just bought a Riverside at Kmart. Love the color scheme. Kmart has them on sale right now for $129.99.

I like the Motor on yours. Did I see that you used the DAX kit? I might have to buy one for my bike (if I can convince my wife that I need it).

Nice job on yours.

rfriesen

Aug 3, 2009
Omaha, NE

Well, spring is just about here and I'm thinking about putting a morini motor on this. My sister in-law rode it last summer and came walking back with it. She swears she doesn't know what happened and I can't get the motor to run. So I'm really thinking morini even though I have another china girl I could put on it.
What I don't know is how much I'll have to modify the bike to put the morini on. What new parts I'll need, etc.

Richard Lowe

Oct 6, 2009
Pottsville,PA

I did some things similar to my Riverside. Moved shift to left, dual brake lever, and painted my engine and cover black. My muffler and tank are black as I see yours are chrome. One thing I would like to do if possible would be to get a springer fork put on mine. Any idea on where to get one that would fit?