Common Sense Trumps All

GoldenMotor.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShawnMac

May 7, 2009
Pittsburgh PA
Lets start with a few obvious things.

1. Are you riding a street Motorcyle that was orginally sold with a title?
2. Are you riding a Factory Built Moped that came from a Factory and was sold with a Title?

If you answered yes to these questions, your ride must be titled in your name and in most states you will need a valid license, registration and insurance.

3. Are you riding a Bicycle with a motor that you installed to help you up hills?
4. Is your motor under 48cc's? This is usually stamped on the outside of your engine's case.

If you answered yes to these questions, congratulations you own a BICYCLE!

I posted this in another thread
Ok, I live in Pa... The red tape in this state is terrible.

Another member in this forum spent $400+ to get his bike legal... I for one will not go thru that trouble. If I do get a ticket most likely it will be less than that.

IF when & when you get stopped by the police, WHAT YOU SAY & DO in front of the cop will decide everything..... YOU ARE RIDING A BICYCLE!!!! that has a 48cc motor for ASSISTANCE! Stick with that and act dumb about everything else.

PLEASE DO THE FOLLOWING: always wear a Helmet, Register you BICYCLE at your local cop shop before modifications & obey all BICYCLE LAWS! And most importantly ride responsibly & set a good example for our community.

If your two-wheeled mode of transportation was not originally sold new with a title, for all practical purpose you can not get it titled. Therefore you can't get a license plate, or register it, or get insurance on it. I know someone will post a comment "well yes you can if you do this or that and jump thru these five hoops and slaughter a goat on sunday, yada yada yada"...

It is not practical and the cops know it.

If a cop is hassling you, chances are it is for one of the following reasons;
1. the Cop is an A-hole.
2. YOU have done something the cop doesn't like.

At this point you are pretty much done, - Game Over!... the point is Don't give the law an excuse to stop you.

A motor assistated bike is a gray area in most states... just be responsible!

Be Safe, Have Fun!

Last edited:

SANGESF

Feb 23, 2009
Lake Worth
Lets start with a few obvious things.

1. Are you riding a street Motorcyle that was orginally sold with a title?
2. Are you riding a Factory Built Moped that came from a Factory and was sold with a Title?

If you answered yes to these questions, your ride must be titled in your name and in most states you will need a valid license, registration and insurance.

3. Are you riding a Bicycle with a motor that you installed to help you up hills?
4. Is your motor under 48cc's? This is usually stamped on the outside of your engine's case.

If you answered yes to these questions, congratulations you own a BICYCLE!

I posted this in another thread
Ok, I live in Pa... The red tape in this state is terrible.

Another member in this forum spent $400+ to get his bike legal... I for one will not go thru that trouble. If I do get a ticket most likely it will be less than that.

IF when & when you get stopped by the police, WHAT YOU SAY & DO in front of the cop will decide everything..... YOU ARE RIDING A BICYCLE!!!! that has a 48cc motor for ASSISTANCE! Stick with that and act dumb about everything else.

PLEASE DO THE FOLLOWING: always wear a Helmet, Register you BICYCLE at your local cop shop before modifications & obey all BICYCLE LAWS! And most importantly ride responsibly & set a good example for our community.

If your two-wheeled mode of transportation was not originally sold new with a title, for all practical purpose you can not get it titled. Therefore you can't get a license plate, or register it, or get insurance on it. I know someone will post a comment "well yes you can if you do this or that and jump thru these five hoops and slaughter a goat on sunday, yada yada yada"...

It is not practical and the cops know it.

If a cop is hassling you, chances are it is for one of the following reasons;
1. the Cop is an A-hole.
2. YOU have done something the cop doesn't like.

At this point you are pretty much done, - Game Over!... the point is Don't give the law an excuse to stop you.

A motor assistated bike is a gray area in most states... just be responsible!

Be Safe, Have Fun!
After reading all that, it's funny.... I don't know ANYONE who has a gas motor on a bicycle and ONLY uses the gas motor to go up hills.

I've NEVER seen anyone use a gas powered bicycle and ONLY PEDAL it until they needed "assist".

I'm sure (because I've done it before) you use the gas 99.9% of the time.

"Common sense" says that the OP does not have a DL and is trying to convince himself (and others) that since he lost his license that he should be able to ride a bicycle with a gas motor without needing a license (which I would guess is needed in his state)

Fix your license and then you can ride your gas motorized bicycle without problems.

ShawnMac

May 7, 2009
Pittsburgh PA
"Common sense" says that the OP does not have a DL and is trying to convince himself (and others) that since he lost his license that he should be able to ride a bicycle with a gas motor without needing a license (which I would guess is needed in his state)

Fix your license and then you can ride your gas motorized bicycle without problems.

You couldn't be more wrong.

I have a fully valid Class A License with a Motorcycle Endorsement and have Zero Points on it.

I have also driven well over a million miles. And dealt with numerous Local Police, State Police and DOT officers in many different states... All of which have had a positive outcome

Do what you want... Take my advice or leave it.

Status
Not open for further replies.