HF 6.5 (200cc) motor on a bike?

GoldenMotor.com

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
AGK said,
"I don't know if you plan to race your bike or not. If not, a stock 6.5hp engine makes more than enough power for a bicycle. If you are going to enter into some races and want a little more power there are a few simple modifications I would suggest. You will need a custom exhaust for your bicycle application anyway. Then I would pull the govenor, install 18lb valve springs, use a high flow air filter and install a larger main jet. This should be enough to do some damage on the bikes at the races. If you take the engine mods much further you may not find a class to race in. The stock 6.5hp engine will already be pushing the limits of the bicycle components."

I have the 6.5hs 212CC Predator engine. I just looked on your site and don't see the 18lb valve springs. I am not looking in the right spot or are they not available for the 212? I have no intentions of pushing my engine to the limit with high revs, but would like to remove the governor and make more power available doing the minimal modificationsnecessary to keep the engine healthy. I plan to use the engine in conjunction with a torque converter. This has been a great thread and AGK's helpfulness is impressive.
SB