How come so many people in california have the 99cc preddy?

GoldenMotor.com

jliveit

Sep 10, 2012
California
I'm either going to buy the 79cc preddy or the 99cc. Whats the real difference between the two? The 99cc doesn't seem to appear on the HF website, and people keep saying they cant be shipped to California, but a ton of the members on here have them and they live in California? I'm just wondering how i can acquire one, or if i should just stick to the 79cc? Thanks for any help

magna_503

Apr 13, 2009
Portland, OR
I have a used 99cc if you want it let me know. Governor is already removed. I also have a modified max torque clutch. They are both a little dirty but are in great condition. Only has about 50miles on them. I'm building the 212 now.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
When the 99cc Predators arrived from overseas, they got jacked in Long Beach and all the 99's got distributed to the members here via the black market. Shushhh, don't tell a soul.....there are none left, you missed the boat.

HF didn't know what hit them so they came out with the just as not CARB complient 79cc Predator. Look around.....they're everywhere now. Distributed from where else......California!

Warning: all predator engines in the world are known to cause some form of cancer, according to the state of Kalifornia!

If you think I am serious here..........think again!

dnut

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
I got lucky and found one trough eBay... I had a 79cc and then swapped over to a 99cc and felt the diffrence. Also followed instructions on Agk website and was able to bump up compression by using a thinner head gasket

magna_503

Apr 13, 2009
Portland, OR
I don't have the 79cc to compare to but I can definitely say that the 99cc with 12:1 ratio pulls very nice. I have a shift kit with it and @ 10.67:1 I was running around 40mph or so @ 5600rpm. I don't have a tach to verify that though.

ps... common sense, praticallity and reality wise I say go with a 99cc.