freewheel cranny in AUS

GoldenMotor.com

Enforcerkart65

Jul 7, 2013
Perth, Western Australia
hi, im a new member of motorbicycling, but have been into motorized bicycles for about 4 years now.

my latest bike is a cranny with a freewheel. it has the multi gears on the wheel but only a single on the crank, so the chain only fits on the smallest gear so it makes it soooo hard to pedal. I used the front hoop off a mountain bike for the rear brakes it's a straight bolt on. and its red!!!

I made a kinda custom front engine mount i dont think anyone has done before. the main tube of the cranny is 40mm which is a bit big for the front engine mount, so i found a 40mm tube wrapped some course sand paper around it and started sanding the engine mount out to 40mm. now, the front engine mount is offset so i couldn't just tap in 4 bolts, so instead i tapped two threads on the thicker side. then, hears the brainwave, i made two hook type bolts that hook into the thinner side of the engine mount with two 45 degree holes. i then got a hard plastic spacer with a 40mm semi circle which the bolts went through. then made a rectangle piece of billet to neaten it up and to obviously bolt everything up to. anyone can do this, i did it with your usual hand tools.

The engine is a zbox 66cc engine, rt carb, stock pipe, puch 70cc hi hi head with gasket sealant/ no gaskets (for me it didnt increase compression just cools way better), 39t sprocket, no internal engine work, and because i race gokarts the bike runs on elf 98 octane race fuel mixed with Shell M synthetic oil. happy dayz!!!

still want to make it better like some nicer wheels and tires (the whitewalls that came with the bike aren't lasting), maybe some disks on the front and drums on the back, better handlebars, and if i have any money left a mikuni vm18 and x chamber i may do some porting and balancing but im pretty happy with how it runs performance wise.

feedback or criticism would be great. maybe even some ideas :)

mrfubs

Jun 13, 2013
michigan
Great work! i really like the engine mount idea. Nice ride! i see you have a puch head on there how do you like it? also thats a great idea with that seat im unterested in that, i think if the seat post where to be cut of and re welded in the middle it may look and be better!

Enforcerkart65

Jul 7, 2013
Perth, Western Australia
Yeah the puch head is great but it didn't give me anymore compression. It already had enough anyways. But it cools sooo much better. I'm wanting a kinda low seat that I can move back if u know what I mean but I think the puch maxi seat will be too long

Enforcerkart65

Jul 7, 2013
Perth, Western Australia
i guess i could make up something like that for the rear only. I've got a couple of old mountain bikes with a derailleur i could use. or i could just make up a longer chain to use the bigger sprocket. then again gears would be nice... :D