need help choosing front brake

GoldenMotor.com
Mar 31, 2013
RI
Here's another front disc brake option that will fit your springer fork... http://venicemotorbikes.com/shop/?product=135
...i'd go for that in a minute now you've shown it to me, i wasn't sure what i'd need or even if a disc would fit.

the problem is i'm a total noob at this and so i've never laced a wheel up before, ...it sure would be nice to keep the same rim for cosmetic reasons.

...it's my lack of experience that has me leaning toward the drum but damn, i'm sure tempted to try and lace a wheel.

thanks for the link, ...although now my mind is not nearly so made up, lol.

peace, boso

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Most bicycle shops can re-lace the new hub into your old wheel for about $50. ;)
Just don't tell them it's going on a motor-bicycle, some will refuse for "liability" reasons.
Not all shops are as cool as VeniceMotorBikes!
You can probably re-lace it yourself if you pay attention.
I find it also helps to have an assembled wheel to refer to when you get confused. It is a lot easier than most people realize to re-lace a rim. You can then get it trued for much less if you can't get it straight yourself.
Spend the re-lacing savings on a better hub. :)

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Just don't tell them it's going on a motor-bicycle, some will refuse for "liability" reasons.
Not all shops are as cool as VeniceMotorBikes!
You can probably re-lace it yourself if you pay attention.
I find it also helps to have an assembled wheel to refer to when you get confused. It is a lot easier than most people realize to re-lace a rim. You can then get it trued for much less if you can't get it straight yourself.
Spend the re-lacing savings on a better hub. :)
Very true!! There are lots of good 'how to' videos on You Tube!

(That's actually how I first started... I read some articles, watched some videos & then jumped right in & tried it)! (^)