Gray Electric bike w/ 3speed hub

GoldenMotor.com

ne2rk

Jul 31, 2010
chicago
This is a old build but fresh update's. I started this bike years ago and rode it a few times next to a friend on my other electric bike. At that time it was a 1 speed 24v 220w with plan's of a 4stroke side shaft lawnmower motor as main motor. Now im just going full electric with no gas motor plans anymore. I put a 3speed hub wheel setup on back so i can get more out of this motor. I hope to keep this build the same as my other electric 3sped motorbike.

Im still looking for some better forks and handlebars setup. I just put these bent moped forks on so i can ride it a few times.

Thats a shimano 3speed hub from a 26in old ladies bike laced up to a 20in 36spoke "double wall" with brass spoke insert's bmx rim. Its a super wide rim with a animal asm slick rated at 120psi. The rear gear is from a pocket bike or dirt bike. Its bolted to a 16t freewheel with 4 allen key bolts and washers, fits tight and its tru!

The motor 24volt 220watt is off a kids razor dirtbike or pocketbike. I had the motor bolted to the seat tube with u-bolts. That gave me problems so im going to weld a plate onto the rear swing arm.

The battery tray. I can fit 2 12volt 7ah's on each side.

ne2rk

Jul 31, 2010
chicago
i mean the police cops
Oh, the police! Very true. and its very low to the ground. Police don't like that also. This is just a fun project and i only take it down the street every once and a while. It only gets 5miles or so with 4 12v 7ah battery's. Its only fun for first 60seconds. then normal the rest of the time till its dead.