Pulled over again!

GoldenMotor.com

2stroker

Apr 29, 2012
orlando
I got stopped tonight by officer Gill and he told me that i needed a tag and registration because he didn't see me pedaling at all. He said if its motorized you need a tag. I said well good thing its not motorized its motor assisted. We argued for about 10min and then he just let me go. Told me keep my eyes for him cause he will be watcing me. Its the 3rd time the same cop has stopped me or my dad.

2stroker

Apr 29, 2012
orlando
I just did that to my exhaust today. He has pulled us over many times. The rest of the cops in town just wave at us or we usually talk to them at the gas stations and they think the bikes are great and have no problems with them. This one cop pulls us over and always comes up with a new exuse of why their illegal and then when we prove him wrong he lets us go and thinks of something else to come up with. He has never mentioned that its to loud to me. Once again its only a 26cc engine its not that loud. If i get pulled over for being to loud i will let yal know. usflg He followed me for about a mile and then pulled me over like usual. told me today that i needed a tag because i wasn't pedaling at all. The exhaust is still on the engine all i did was take out the screen because it was getting clogged. Its not that much louder.
I stopped at a gas station today and a dude came up and told me he thought that it was cool and wanted to know where to get one. I gave him a few websites.

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO
GHOST GHOST GHOST PEDAL !!!!!! i doubt it will stop this guy from following you but it should help some

alls you do is just throw a couple pedal strokes in here and thier while alowing the engine to do the most work i do it all the time when i see one should help throw them off the scent a little .

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
GHOST GHOST GHOST PEDAL !!!!!! i doubt it will stop this guy from following you but it should help some

alls you do is just throw a couple pedal strokes in here and thier while alowing the engine to do the most work i do it all the time when i see one should help throw them off the scent a little .
IDK......the scent of a 2-smoker is a little hard to miss, especially if running a nice castor based oil :D

dnut

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
Maybe you should call your DMV and find out what you need to do to be registered as a homemade moped. It'd be worth it if it gets the cop off your back. If you don't sooner or latter he'll find something charge you with.

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
This is the law in California. Should be something close to the same in Fl. But you should really check it out.
fatdaddy.

V C Section 4020 Motorized Bicycles
Motorized Bicycles
4020. A motorized bicycle operated upon a highway is exempt from registration.

Last edited:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
This is the law in California. Should be something close to the same in Fl. But you should really check it out.
fatdaddy.

Motorized Bicycles
Something close???
The mb laws in just about every State are different so comparing CA to FL or any other State is pointless.

AZ doesn't require a DL or registration so why don't you use that as an example?

Also you are incorrect about the code you are quoting in CA.
it is either an out of date code that has been superseded and
not removed from the CA DMV website or it is referring to 406 (b)
which is about electric bikes.

Last edited:

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
Something close???
The mb laws in just about every State are different so comparing CA to FL or any other State is pointless.

AZ doesn't require a DL or registration so why don't you use that as an example?

Also you are incorrect about the code you are quoting in CA.
it is either an out of date code that has been superseded and
not removed from the CA DMV website or it is referring to 406 (b)
which is about electric bikes.
I think yer right. Conflicting laws, what can I say. You could keep a cop confused for hours with these. Is a "Special Plate" not considered registration? It does NOT say (a) or (b). So now what do people do. If the law is on still on the books it is STILL a law. If superseded then it would say in the revised version. I've been looking at these laws for almost 3 years trying to figure the "plate Law" out, I'm still confused???????
BUT, Like I said. One of the reasons I have my bike registered is to avoid confusion among law enforcement when they pull ME over.
fatdaddy.

Motorized Bicycles

V C Section 5030 Special License Plate
Special License Plate
5030. A motorized bicycle, as defined in Section 406, is required to display a special license plate issued by the department.