Cen. clutch question and issue. HELP

GoldenMotor.com

Motor Bikes

Feb 16, 2011
AZ
Ok Guys, I'm kinda new to this business. I have built up 3 or 4 bikes now both gas and electric. But one of my customers just brought back my first one with the Centrifugation clutch.. I have read through the forum and the thread about the Cen. clutch blues. but my issue is this. I took off the Cen. cover plate and started the motor, thinking it was the same common issue with the woodruf key. I ran the motor and was surprised to see the clutch assembly working just fine. But there is no drive to the chain.. I applied pressure to the outside housing of the assembly while the bike was running and the clutch is engaging the bell housing VERY well. When I took the Centrifrical assembly out of the motor. I noticed that the gear that connects the Ce. assembly to the main drive clutch plate is LOOSE on the shaft.. So. The motor is turning the Cen. assembly perfectly, But the little gear is NOT tight on the Cen. assembly and therefore does NOT turn the rest of the drive gears..

Can anyone tell me if this is correct or repairable?? I hope I have described it well enough to understand.. Basically. The "Pinion" gear is loose on the Centrifrical clutch assembly and will not drive the chain...

Thanks,

Mark

Motor Bikes

Feb 16, 2011
AZ
Well, There is no woodruf key on mine. It appears as though the assembly is "locked" in by compression fit. as the crank shaft is tapered and the Cen assembly is reverse tapered. and I know the motor was engaging the Cen assembly just fine. But that darn small drive gear just spins on its shaft.. There is no way I can see to get the little gear off. This gear is outside of the main shaft.. It is ALMOST like the compression fitting is SUPPOSE to expand the collar and engage this pinion. Not exactly a smart assembly. I see no reason why this pinion wouldn't be welded or just plain forged into the collar..

Keep the ideas coming please...

Motor Bikes

Feb 16, 2011
AZ
What do you mean by that?? "Tack" You mean tack weld it?? I don't have the equipment or know how.. But I am assuming you are saying that this should NOT be turning freely??

adam valentine

Sep 27, 2010
Mission Kansas
yep take it to someone that 1 that is intelligent welds for a living it should not spin im pretty sure mine is one piece so im beginning to wonder if its just not a real clean break