3 yr. old - checkered flag !

GoldenMotor.com

robin

Nov 15, 2008
Penticton British Columbia Canada
Today i was testing my 50cc China Girl -hasn't been out for 12 weeks and was flying up and down the backstreets of Oliver B.C.--on a street i hadn't yet traveled a boy about 3 years old ran out and waved a black and white checkered flag. I wish i had my Blackberry with me it was so cute. ive got a few grandkids his age. I think the real appeal of these bikes may be to the 10 to 16 year olds before they can get their license LOL !
Any of you guys find younger boys just love engine noise ? the Chinese engine does have a cool sound which kids love. I think it carries on into Adulthood. My wife thinks that at times i act like a child with a toy on these things-- but at almost 64 i can claim senility !

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Senility is a good thing. I've been enjoying it for a couple of years now. Motorized bicycles are the best way to enjoy it. Neighbors smile and wave as I pass, my grey beard flying in the breeze and I smile and wave back. Glad you've discovered it, Robin. Rock on!
Tom

skjjoe

Mar 9, 2009
Boerne Texas
ha ha Tom its the Graybeards that usually wave at me. Although I am getting i little Grey myself.It does remind me of my childhood. But that may be because I bought the house I grew up in. And most the greybeards that I terrorized then are still here...... and remember me : )

Last edited:

Mac

Dec 3, 2009
Maine
Sanity is highly over-rated, one of my sons says I look like a "dork" on a MB. I gotta laugh, I say so what, like I care? I tell him I'm gonna put handlebar tassels on my cruiser MB! I ask him.. Do I look like a "dork" driving my ragtop?? That got the cool nod, I told him it's the same guy and I'm having a blast either way! I even got the "cool" nod from the Junior "rat pak"(bicycles) of kids in the neighbor hood!! I's all good, as long as it has a motor on it!
Mac

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Funny that Robin should have started this thread because just yesterday evening I was walking my dogs and came upon five or six little girls playing in their front yard. They all yelled, "Hello motorcycle man!" They giggled and waved. I smiled and waved back and had to chuckle to myself.
I guess I've developed a recognizable image in the neighborhood. Don't know if that's a good thing or not.
Tom

kicking

Apr 11, 2010
mississippi
mine sounded real cool when the muff fell off , kids where puting threre fingers in there ears LOL , i got pulled by an cop , i had the pipe in my hand where i picked it off the road , he said go home and fix that thing LOL , since then i have used the allen bolts from sick bick parts to hold my muff on . i like them better than the stud and nut set up . my maiden voyage was an strange one LOL . P.S now the cop wants one LOL

Last edited:

noco

Sep 9, 2009
fort collins colorado
i dissagree with appealing to 10 to 16 yr olds....or maybe i agree cause most people seem to like my bikes....or maybe they are the same maturity level as myself....forever mentally 12

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
little ones are the best !!!
I still draw a crowd (boys & girls !!!) every day at the grandkids school when I drop them off, or pick them up (^)
I am known as the grampa with the motorbike and trailer :):):)

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Kev, do you mean..."dead man's hill" The one that went straight down for about a quarter of a mile and emptied out onto a freeway? :)
Now we're talking about the early 60s. Old Weird Harold and the gang. The chicken heart that ate up the Jersey Turnpike...and who could forget "Snakes" ?
Tom