about gearing.

GoldenMotor.com

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Is it possable to mount a new gear(larger) to the motor sprocket. or also the wheel sprocket. I whish to be able to go up long steep grades at a reasionable speed-25 mph
If you are looking for more climbing power you will need to go to a bigger sprocket on the rear wheel, if you went to a larger sprocket on the motor it would do right the opos. and as far as I know they isnt any larger engine sprockets made for the china girl HT motors, there is just barely enough room under the sprocket cover for the chain and sprocket that coms on them, so you could not go larger there even if you wanted too.

BGF on ebay offers some large rear sprockets like a 48T or 50T and maybe even 56T &/or 60T, but just remember that if you choose one this big you will loose a good bit of top end speed and you may achieve the 25mph up the hills but 25-28mph may also be your top speed on flat ground as well.

I have a 36T on one of my bikes and I have another bike with a 40T rear spr. both of these bkes will maintain 24-27mph up a fairly good incline for a good bit, but the hills I'm speaking of are only about 200-300 Yards from bottom to top so they aren't real long.

Hope this helps, happy riding
Shan (Mapbike)
usflg

Andyinchville1

Manufacturer/Dealer
Dec 26, 2007
Scottsville, VA
HI,

We can custom machine sprockets from 27T all the way to 90T for these motorized bikes...

We finally got our web page up BUT you'll have to add shipping in separately (the shipping part isn't working for some reason...To the USA is $5 for up to 5 sprockets....most out of the USA is about $14....

web page is kingssalesandservice.com

Hope this helps you,

Andrew