My project

GoldenMotor.com

gareth5000

Aug 17, 2010
Warburton Oz
I built this a few years ago, I called it the Perrincycle.
I needed a bike cabable of getting up steep terrain, at the time there was nothing available that fitted the bill. I came up with an idea for a gearbox that a powerhead could be mounted on.
I used a Honda 31cc 4 stroke motor as I wanted something that could run at any angle with a cooling system as it gets a bit warm here in Australia.
You can ride it like a normal bike with no resistance, when the motor is going you can freewheel or pedal. If you shut the throttle it idles, when you twist the grip the centrifugal clutch connects the transmission. It weighs 50lbs so you can lift it over a gate if you need to.
It's a lot of fun and very durable. It has been totally reliable for 3 years or more.
It took me a couple of years to perfect as I am not an engineer, all the engineers I dealt with assured me it wouldn't work but I persevered and eventually found a person who could understand my sketches.
It is everything I hoped it would be although now I'm interested in electric power so I may convert it...

YouTube - Perrincycle

Attachments

Last edited:

max350

Apr 10, 2010
Sweden, Örnsköldsvik
I built this a few years ago, I called it the "perrincycle".
I needed a bike cabable of getting up steep terrain, at the time there was nothing available that fitted the bill. I came up with an idea for a gearbox that a powerhead could be mounted on.
I used a Honda 31cc 4 stroke motor as I wanted something that could run at any angle with a cooling system as it gets a bit warm here in Australia.
You can ride it like a normal bike with no resistance, when the motor is going you can freewheel or pedal. If you shut the throttle it idles, when you twist the grip the centrifugal clutch connects the transmission. It weighs 50lbs so you can lift it over a gate if you need to.
It's a lot of fun and very durable. It has been totally reliable for 3 years or more.
It took me a couple of years to perfect as I am not an engineer, all the engineers I dealt with assured me it wouldn't work but I perservered and eventually found a person who could understand my sketches.
It is everything I hoped it would be although now I'm interested in electric power so I may convert it...

YouTube - Perrincycle
Verry nice build(^)