Large Universal Front Mount Cracked

GoldenMotor.com

perkoff

Jul 13, 2009
Wisconsin
I ordered a Large Universal Front Mount and noticed today it is cracked. I took a picture with my camera but my usb cable must be broke as well cause my computer isn't reconizing it when I plug it in.

Anyway has anyone else had a problem with these mounts?

Sick Bike Parts

It's cracked completely through on one side where right where it bolts on.

I was at my friends house when I noticed the crack I drove home and the motor didn't fall off.

I don't really feel like paying another $20 for one if it's just going to crack, any one have any simple solutions for this problem?

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I'd contact SBP if I were you. They're good people and treat the customer right. They might want to see pictures of your installation so get your camera working.
Tom

perkoff

Jul 13, 2009
Wisconsin
I'd contact SBP if I were you. They're good people and treat the customer right. They might want to see pictures of your installation so get your camera working.
Tom

My camera works the little usb thing I have to plug my memory card into isn't turning on.

Anyway I never removed the bolts from my motor like the instructions on their site say to do, that and I used a small washer instead of the big ones that came with it because when I first opened it I dropped it on the ground and I think it rolled under my fridge.

I showed it to my dad and he thinks I over tightened it. I've ordered two things from SBP and their service was really good. I put in an order for another one after talking to my dad, I showed him the bag that had the big washer in it and that's the first thing he thought was the small washer wasn't covering enough surface area and that's why I got a crack.

I'm going to try to remove the bolts for the next installation.

I'll look for the cable that came with my camera so I can hook it up directly and post a picture on here as soon as I find it.

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
We warranty everything for a minimum of 60 days so we will be glad to replace it for you. PM me or send an email through our site and arrange for a warranty replacement.

Cheech

Aug 22, 2009
Red Rock,West Virginia,USA
I ordered this mount from SBP because I had a couple big tube projects (Schwinn Riversides).Once I mounted the first one I realized right then that it would not last very long. I decided to remove the
mount and start working a solution for this crazy down tube. While working on another project a light came on and while I realized it would end up being an expensive venture I went ahead with the project as you can see double the strength,double cost.Needless to sat I'm working om my own solution...RatOn!,RatSafe!...Cheech

Attachments