A Bright Motorized Bike

GoldenMotor.com

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
I wasn't referring to the headlight, I am referring to the Paint.
Put your sun glasses on before looking at picts, LOL. I should be seen at least.
Nothing too special about it I guess but it was a fast build. Kawasaki Ninja tribute Bike.

Triple Tree Fork
Front Shocks
60cc 2 stroke HT
GT2 a frame with the new larger tank/ 3.7Liter (Its way more prominent) and I like the new look!
Electric Green. Paint with Sublime Rims
Custom Headlight with chrome brackets
Duluth Cycle Chain Tensioner going on tonight?
Custom Tank Decals
Chrome spiral wire wrap
Custom Junction box
41 chain
Aluminum Mag wheels
41 tooth sprocket
Squeeze Brakes rear/ Disc brake upfront

Ill order a black expansion chamber and port it after break-in

Over and out

-Zip-

Attachments

Last edited:

ultralight01

Oct 30, 2016
Hood River, Oregon
Very nice! Looks like a blast. I considered painting my bike Orange for visibility but I couldn't resist blue, my favorite color.

It looks fast which is good. I have an extra 2000 lumen 12v headlight I could send you for $12 shipped. It lights up acres at night. I'm using one on my bike.

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
Very nice! Looks like a blast. I considered painting my bike Orange for visibility but I couldn't resist blue, my favorite color.

It looks fast which is good. I have an extra 2000 lumen 12v headlight I could send you for $12 shipped. It lights up acres at night. I'm using one on my bike.
Hey ultralight thanks big time and the offer for the light, I don't want to go the 12v route with the big battery and all. On this one I converted the motorcycle headlight guts to LED and have it stuffed with double AAs its pretty bright. Thanks for the generous offer though! zpt

Zip-

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
I like it, but I'm partial to green. Here is Kawi I built last year. Also did a Norton, and Honda RR tribute.

speedracer wow...wow, super nice builds. I am a green lover too. I have a Sublime 2015 Hemi challenger and the thing gets the looks. Im going to do a Suzuki tribute next, just collecting parts now. Im trying to decide on a color.
I can only imagine the confusion your bike causes

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
I'm normally not a big fan of these frames, but I have to say that this is a very good looking bike!

Nice Job!! (^)
Thanks Venice, I have to say the GT2as with the much larger capacity "Gas" tank takes on a whole new look. It looks about twice as big and makes the frame look like its about to pounce when sitting on the kick stand.
Zip-

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
like me you just can't get enough of this motorized bike stuff !!
nice, very nice , like your past builds.
something you do not ride in bad weather or if the rd is wet.
you putting that newly acquired rear rack tank on anything yet ?
found a better price on one but they are going fast.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/282325108531?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
Kartooo, Thanks much. Yea cant get enough it, been a super fun hobby. I just sold one of them to cull the herd. I haven't used my Dax tank yet but Ill do a new build to use it on or add it as a reserve tank...? Still trying to decide. Dax got that tank to me in a jif.

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
Nice bikes. I like your attention to detail. All your bikes look great, not a speck of rust or dirt anywhere. You built the copper with green bike right? Also gorgeous (all the stuff I build always ends up looking like a rat rod)

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
Thanks much Tony01, Yep I enjoy the creative stuff one can do with the hobby if one
is so inclined. I also do enjoy getting a bike as mechanically perfect as I can also though. Anything wrong with any build bugs me.
The difference in a show bike and a regular build mainly takes just planning, extra labor and inexpensive details.
Here is what I do:
- Get a plan together on color etc..
-I file the cooling fins then lightly paint my engines with a light coat of silver and clear coat. Then detail with color match engine decals.
- Paint the frame if needed or theme the bike around the existing paint.
- Pay attention to the look of lighting, wires, cables, nuts and bolts.
- I Always decal the tanks with some logo
- Try to avoid getting things too busy looking.
- Most frames have unused holes for chain guards, brakes etc., I try to use them don't leave them unfilled, Fill with reflectors, extra lighting. ( see example below.
-I paint even kill switches, clutch handle inserts to match the bike and give it a cohesive look that has a more factory feel.
- I make sure it has a matching head badge.
- Matching chain Tensioner wheel.
CLEANING TIP: I only clean my bikes with cleaner wax or products like Scratch Doctor as it removes grease, oil, soot, tar, dirt, surface rust small scratches, instantly and leaves paint and all finishes shiny and they will keep getting shinier with every cleaning.
-It will make your spokes look like chrome as example.

I always try to post pictures that will inspire and promote the hobby.
yep I built the copper Indian, its one of my favorites
-Zip

Attachments

Last edited:

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
Paying attention to wiring makes more difference than one would think. I always use some type of loom or spiral wrap to protect wires and prevent shorts and wires being exposed that can then be disturbed causing short circuits.
below is the tiny Kill switch painted. I only use Tamiya acrylic paints for detailing switches and plastic and just use a brush, it dry's hard as a rock and is always glossy.
These details cost nothing but all add up on the overall cohesive look.
This build took me only 2 days so it was pretty fast.

Attachments

Last edited:

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
Yesterday and today, I built this Black and Gold sister bike to the green Ninja from the frame up, every single part was purchased separately. It went together lightning fast once all the parts were here in my build box. I pre detailed out the engine last week. I just have to cut the fork tube down and tighten the dog bone and its 100 percent done. The black and gold is pretty stunning if one likes black bikes. Its the exact opposite to the Bright Green Ninja.
I added a .97 cent removable gold office basket to the rear rack with black elastic straps. I couldn't resist. This bike has a springer fork I had laying around. I had to make a custom headlight brackets that took longer to make. than the whole bike assembly. Putting a large custom LED headlight on a springer fork offers challenges, below was my solution.

Zip-

Attachments

Kartooo

Nov 18, 2016
MA
WOW !! love it, all motorcycles/cars/motorbikes need to be black.
is that the monarch II fork ? driven it yet ? i'm curious to how the springer feels on the rd.

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
Well I guess you like Black then Kartoo/LOL I just cut off Steer tube down about 2 inches and got everything on the fork tightened up and buttoned up, so I haven't ridden it yet. But I have other bikes with springer's and they work really good.., This one is a Cuda fork I believe as I didn't like the quality of the Monarch style fork much. Springer forks are too expensive/ like 200 bucks shipped but it was laying around collecting dust. I like the triple tree with shocks better now as they are so much easier to install and look beefier as on the green one. Have one steer tube welded on a bit shoddy to the top of the fork kind of scares me, at least the Cuda seems welded better and has a longer bracket where it attaches to the steer tube and it has more wheel clearance at the rear fork in case you hit a really big bump, you don't end up doing a stoppie like I did on a Monarch style fork once. I didn't crash even though my rear tire came off the ground 30 inches in the unexpected front tire lock up when it hit the tire. The big arc for tire clearance in the rear fork is nice in preventing such stunts. I was lucky. See the picts for the clearance differences on the rear part of the fork, its big. Look for the arch in the rear not the flat style if you are thinking on getting a springer.

Attachments

Last edited:

Kartooo

Nov 18, 2016
MA
i have a cheapie that came on my schwinn swindler. by making it safe, replacing the bolts and screwing in the top bolt further in to make room for a nylon lock nut i rendered it pretty much useless. no springer action but peace of mind. i was about to 'spring' for the monarch but after your review i'll hold off and research cuda. it was gonna go on my 37 columbia.

Attachments

Last edited:

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
Good, Any Springer with the arch in the rear should be safe. It wasn't even a big bump really that caused the tire to hit the rear fork bottom and with that sharp edge it just dug into the tire and acts like the worlds best brake/LOL I added a bunch of spacers to get the clearance bigger but still too small in MHO. Stay safe.
-Ill try not to scratch me brand new bright green bike ultralight01

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
Sweet Ride Kartooo, you need to black out the gas filter too/lol, Those mono spring forks look cool but I've always worried a bit about the strength of them? But prob just fine.