Bully Clutch on 79cc Pred with jack plate???

GoldenMotor.com

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
I used calipers to measure everything. I didn't do well in school in machine shop which hurt since my grandfather on moms side was a tool and die maker in England. He was the shop foreman in his early twenty's and had 130 men working for him.

He was the man who was in charge of installing the lighting in the Titanic when she was being built. His company made a lot of the lighting for the ship.

Steve.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
I'm glad I was able to help you. This is why the forum is the best, everyone helps everybody else.

Hope it all works out and I'm looking forward to hearing the results.

Steve.

thingswithwelding

Mar 22, 2016
Long Beach CA
another place to get #35 chain sprockets http://www.staton-inc.com/store/index.php?p=catalog&parent=46&pg=1

shaft adapters (i think i read somewhere scotto used something like these for his clutch to fit a 3/4 clutch to his 5/8th pto though i could be wrong) http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_nkw=5+8"+x+3+4"+shaft+adapter

Thanks for the reply ajoh. I ordered one sprocket from Staton and it was exactly what I needed. As dor the shaft adapter, Im not needing anything like that right now. What I wish I could find, is output shaft extenders. I dont think they make them. A piece of precision broached round stock with a precision clearance drilled hole in the center that would sandwich it all together. Different sizes with end shim washers. It will work. Nothing is better than having the whole output length of the original output shaft in one piece, but if somebody manufactures what I saying out of some hard material thats really really square and precision, its a winner. I feel so anyway.

thingswithwelding

Mar 22, 2016
Long Beach CA
I used calipers to measure everything. I didn't do well in school in machine shop which hurt since my grandfather on moms side was a tool and die maker in England. He was the shop foreman in his early twenty's and had 130 men working for him.

He was the man who was in charge of installing the lighting in the Titanic when she was being built. His company made a lot of the lighting for the ship.

Steve.
Wow Steve. Thats pretty awesome. Not the part about the school but the Titanic is awesome. They phased metals shop out of my schooling as I arrived in my junior high/high school. They had woodshop, drafting and pushed autoshop and auto painting. I did woodshop, and auto collision repair. I did auto collision repair more than all of them. I learned machineshop on the job I used to be employed. I had a natural talent for it and was pretty good at it. I was a lead precision grinder at a bearing company. Ive ran the mills too. It was all inclusive. We made precision bearings for many industries. Goverment, aviation, space. Awesome experience. My father built his own house when I was a kid and had a full letterpress printing shop. So thats where it all started. I chose tools over toys so to speek. I really enjoy machineshop though.

thingswithwelding

Mar 22, 2016
Long Beach CA
The clutches I sell come in either 5/8" or 3/4". No sleeves are used. A 5/8" cannot then be used later on a 3/4" application without replacing the entire driver. I set them at 2800-3200 rpm as delivered. This does not mean that is correct for your application. It is important to adjust them properly. I set them to engage ABOVE choke-on start up rpm so it doesn't drag as you try to start the engine. Clutches do require specific set up and maintenance. Read the instructions. Finally, they are made to order and there is a lead time before shipping. If your in a hurry then don't buy from me. Sorry to sound harsh but I am a small business turning out quality parts. I am not amazon.com.
Thanks,
Pat
Hi Pat. Do your 5/8 shaft Bully clutches come with a #35 sprocket? I ordered one clutch from you but it hasnt shipped yet. I understand the lead time. No problem. I just dont know what chain Im going to have to use. I have a #35 sprocket/chain setup and a #215 sprocket/chain setup ready to go (Personal build). Is this going to work for me? And if not, how can I get the correct sprocket to match what I have? Does Bully offer a #35 sprocket to change out on your 5/8 shaft Bully Clutches? Id prefer a #35. Bully talks about a #219 sprocket and I dont know what that is. Are #215 and #219 sprockets compatible chains to sprockets vise versa? Can you please let me know when you get a chance? Thanks Reno.

Last edited:

ajoh

Mar 21, 2014
australia
thingswithwelding; a posting tip; please when you are typing every few lines press enter twice when some people see a wall of text like post #39 they glaze over an usually skip reading that post as it's a pain in the ass to read........

thingswithwelding

Mar 22, 2016
Long Beach CA
You should have jumped in Reno. It tells me if someone posted on it. Certainly glad I could help you. The thread is so old it has whiskers.

If you need anything else about the clutch let me know. I think it will make your riding a real pleasure.

Steve.
Hello Steve. I ordered my Bully clutch about a week ago from Pat at Sportsman Flyer. Do you know how long it may take to receive my clutch? I hear there is a lead time but is this a couple weeks or is it a few months? I have no ideal when to expect my order. I know you ordered one from him so thats why Im asking.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
That's sweeter than home made candy. I ordered mine at the beginning of the spring racing season and it took quite a while to get here so I figured you were better off to go to the source. Timing is everything isn't it.

Your going to love it I'm sure. They do have break in instructions with them and the instructions are as well done as the clutch. Looking forward to hearing how it's going.

Steve.

Derwood21

Jul 8, 2016
Rocklin, Ca
I happen to be looking into doing the Bully clutch from Sportman on my 79cc Pedator. I also have the Gasbike jackshaft setup. Any updates on how this setup worked for you?