Hausheng tuning

GoldenMotor.com

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I want my engine to turn 11,500 rpm's
It wasn't 11,500.
It was a senior moment ;-}

The Tach I got has a 2-stroke and 4-stroke mode.
I had it on 4-stroke mode.

Near as I can tell 4-stroke mode just doubles the pulse count.
The thing is, the plug on the HS fires every revolution, not just every other one on the compression stroke.

No bigge, I'll run it in 2-stroke mode.

Anyway it's not a superhuman engine, it was pushing me that fast at ~5,800 RPM's.

I need to build another long shaft on a larger frame to get the adjustable front mount designed and tested.

I am going to make the first 30 bases here locally.
It's nice to have a metal shop around the corner, I can inspect things at will doing test rides, and no shipping charges ;-}

Anyway more on the progress as it comes along and we take notes.

trialnerror

Oct 21, 2014
wisconsin
It wasn't 11,500.
It was a senior moment ;-}

The Tach I got has a 2-stroke and 4-stroke mode.
I had it on 4-stroke mode.

Near as I can tell 4-stroke mode just doubles the pulse count.
The thing is, the plug on the HS fires every revolution, not just every other one on the compression stroke.

No bigge, I'll run it in 2-stroke mode.

Anyway it's not a superhuman engine, it was pushing me that fast at ~5,800 RPM's.

I need to build another long shaft on a larger frame to get the adjustable front mount designed and tested.

I am going to make the first 30 bases here locally.
It's nice to have a metal shop around the corner, I can inspect things at will doing test rides, and no shipping charges ;-}

Anyway more on the progress as it comes along and we take notes.
And I thought it was me havin the oldtimers moment, or my eyes had finally gone and left me.

GoreWound

Dec 1, 2014
Canada

wait, what? really?
I am still really new to this but isn't that really not good?
best case scenario you are only robbing horsepower with the magneto for no reason, worst case you are constantly risking pre-ignition and ensuring lots of partially burnt gasses will always be present inside the motor.

if this is true (both the double firing ignition and my assumption about it being bad) is there a way to prevent this? does the OEM Honda ignition also do this?
Am I just completely wrong?

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
wait, what? really?
I am still really new to this but isn't that really not good?
best case scenario you are only robbing horsepower with the magneto for no reason, worst case you are constantly risking pre-ignition and ensuring lots of partially burnt gasses will always be present inside the motor.

if this is true (both the double firing ignition and my assumption about it being bad) is there a way to prevent this? does the OEM Honda ignition also do this?
Am I just completely wrong?
4 strokes like the 50cc huasheng waste fire because of the way they are built.
It really has no bad effects.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
4 strokes like the 50cc huasheng waste fire because of the way they are built.
It really has no bad effects.
Yep.
It's a rotating magent on the crank firing the CDI every revolution at TDC just like a 2 stroke.

So it fires when you want it on the compression stroke, and again on the exhaust stroke, that doesn't hurt anything, if anything it burns whatever might be left out the exhaust.

Like I said, a senior moment ;-}

Slogger

Sep 8, 2014
nohio
Yep.
It's a rotating magent on the crank firing the CDI every revolution at TDC just like a 2 stroke.

So it fires when you want it on the compression stroke, and again on the exhaust stroke, that doesn't hurt anything, if anything it burns whatever might be left out the exhaust.

Like I said, a senior moment ;-}
It might even keep your plug nice and clean.
I think old Triumph motorcycles and older Harleys all fired this way. The system is simpler, so it's more reliable. Single fire ignitions also cost more.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
It might even keep your plug nice and clean.
I think old Triumph motorcycles and older Harleys all fired this way. The system is simpler, so it's more reliable. Single fire ignitions also cost more.
Yep.
The old twin cylinder and even many new ones use a single CDI, it just fires bolt plugs every rotation even though one cyl is on the compression stroke while the other is on the exhaust stroke.

Slogger

Sep 8, 2014
nohio
Yep.
The old twin cylinder and even many new ones use a single CDI, it just fires bolt plugs every rotation even though one cyl is on the compression stroke while the other is on the exhaust stroke.
My old TR6 used a 360 degree crank, both pistons rise and fall together.
Both plugs fire every rotation, only the cam timing to keep things orderly.
It's no wonder it would vibrate its license plate off every few months. There would just be a half inch strip of it bolted to the bracket, the rest MIA.
Great machine, 3rd gear was a religious experience if you hit it just right.

I out ran sportsters all the time, but a friend's new Kawi 500 2 stroke triple was un-beatable. Dang 2 strokes!
:)

Slogger

Sep 8, 2014
nohio
On a BICYCLE 45 MPH in 3rd is about as close to 'god' as I want to get, much faster and I would be likely to met him if I believed in him.
.wee. 45, yikes! Yeah, that's plenty fast for me.
I don't really need a fast bike, I ride along slow, like 22 or 23. With the 40 tooth on a 29 it's just percolating along.
I used to pedal and only cruised about 10 or 11. So I'm a speed demon now.

putt putt puttt put putt putt putt puttt put putt putt putt puttt put putt...

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
.wee. 45, yikes! Yeah, that's plenty fast for me.
I don't really need a fast bike, I ride along slow, like 22 or 23.
putt putt puttt put putt putt putt puttt put putt putt putt puttt put putt...
I don't have a given 'speed', it all depends on the bike and the road.
My 'comfort zone' for the running around the neighborhood though is ~35, much slower on an open stretch of road on a good bike and I get bored.

On the other hand over 20 on a fairly cheap squirrely bike with poor brake is too fast for me.

trialnerror

Oct 21, 2014
wisconsin
Have you relieved your HS 142 of the stock box exhaust and put an NGK 7544 (CR7HIX) plug in it yet?

That's the magic first instant ~.5hp upgrade combo, and even a 2-stroke pipe works great.

You'll forget all about idle issues when you get great fire and it can breath.
I like that---FREE energy from a spark plug.Yeah even as much as a half horse power. OK gotta run and do that. that how to Tune a Hausheng?

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I like that---FREE energy from a spark plug.Yeah even as much as a half horse power. OK gotta run and do that. that how to Tune a Hausheng?
We will handle this post stalking BS in private T&E..

Iridium or not the NGK plugs are longer giving you a bit more compression, the iridium's just spark bigger and last longer.

Freeing up the exhaust is another big boost in efficiency of the engine.

The potential for ~.5 HP has always been in these engines, you just have to strip them of the EPA crap it took to allow them here and understand they are meant for little home generators and such.
People safe, quiet, and easy to use.

Besides the box exhaust I take that heat shield around the cylinder off as well.

Dandy for Joe Moron not burning his hand so bad when he sticks it around a hot engine but a heat trap defeating the air flow of a moving engine the rest of the time.

Pipe and plug, a cheap easy performance enhancer.

Shady760

Apr 18, 2016
San Diego CA
What size are the bolts for the exhaust, I took My stock muffler off tonight and put on my exhaust to see how it would fit, then realized I need to unscrew the bolts that are in there and replace them with shorter ones with more thread on them. Any suggestions? Also I got to replace my CDI as I was going to see about upgraded the wire started turning it and pop it all came about.... SMH! ha