BTR from a 1955 Columbia Glider

GoldenMotor.com

KeithSeymour

Sep 23, 2013
Northern Virginia
Thanks! I definitely love the four stroke better for sound, torque, and using regular gas. I love the pedal start of the 2 stroke. I've put much more ride time on my first build but done feel like my opinion will change.

KeithSeymour

Sep 23, 2013
Northern Virginia
Thanks! The patina for the tank and wheels was more challenging than I thought because I was matching them to the original patina of the Columbia frame. I'm happy the way it turned out and learned some things about paint layering in the process.

KeithSeymour

Sep 23, 2013
Northern Virginia
I'm finishing it up and hope to auction it off with 100% of the proceeds going to charity next month. Here are some teaser pictures!

As you guys know from my forum name, my last name is Seymour just like Raymond Seymour, a factory rider for Reading and then Indian back in the BTR days. There's no family history known past my great grandfather but some of the pictures of Raymond resemble my great uncles very closely and they were from the same area. Because of this, I've felt even more drawn to the historical aspect of the early BTR days and continuing to build BTR tribute bikes as time allows. I've started a Facebook page to educate people on the history of BTRs and update people on my builds called "Seymour Cycle Works."
I've learned a lot and continue to learn a lot from you guys on the forum and have to give credit to MotoMagz for being such an awesome help on my first build, his old Roadmaster!

I'd love for you guys to check out my page and would appreciate any "likes" so you don't miss any posts.

KeithSeymour

Sep 23, 2013
Northern Virginia

My version of a 1916 Indian Board Track Racer with that "Barn Find" patina. Added the final touches and here's the final product (yes, I know the gas line isn't hooked up as I'm waiting for a new fuel petcock =)).This bike will be auctioned off for charity (www.EmpoweringAction.org) starting October 2nd, and ending the 9th. Please check out facebook.com/SeymourCycleWorks for more info. I'll be sure to post the auction link when it's available.

It's not the most complicated build on here but I have been bitten by the "build bug" and hope to start another build shortly. I'd love to have this as a side business to pay for itself and raise money for other charities as I'm able. Thanks for all the support and help you guys have shown on this forum!