!! ITS THE POPE !! Ya: He swings both ways...

GoldenMotor.com

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
After reading through the antique horn thread I decided to go shopping. FOUND ONE! And it even works even :) has the rare to find original bottom clamp too. Paint was crap though. SO. I whipped out my Dremel and a sanding flapper wheel and stripped it all down. What I couldnt reach I hit with some emory cloth. While taking the old paint off I discovered that at one time it was painted red! Thought about it for a while and and then got on said Pope and headed to ACE hardware. Got what is esentially Massey Ferguson red. After hosing it down with brake cleaner and letting it dry I gave it the business. Came out good but Im not convinced its gonna stay red. I'll see if it grows on me. It may stand out too much.

Attachments

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
And people question the amount of money we put in our bikes I was in on that bid not any more
Thanks! for the link though.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Now the second one is cool but too early to put a bid in on it.
I just bought a 1948 Persons seat the other day at our local antique Barn for $25.oo and have been working on it for the last few days, they have a lot of stuff.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Thread ! Back from the DEAD! Heard about a local charity Hot rod and cycle show this morning on my way home from work. $25 to enter and it all goes to kids who lost a family member in the military. Thought; well, sounds like fun. Guess who WON both best American motorcycle AND best of show Motorcycle!!!dance1 WOOOT!

Attachments

Reactions: Nightster