Turn Signal Gloves

GoldenMotor.com

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
Hey folks... here's a good idea:

Last week during the CES these gloves (among many other wearable electronics) were a crowd catcher.. check them out here:

Zackies Wearables

TurnSignalGlove.jpg

It looks like the Kickstarter campaign was very successful so they should be going into production any time.

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
I've thought about mounting some kind of flasher on my hand before. Never got around to it yet.

Maybe a bracelet? Something that would be visible both front and rear. That way you wouldn't be stuck with one particular set of gloves.

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
I've thought about mounting some kind of flasher on my hand before. Never got around to it yet.

Maybe a bracelet? Something that would be visible both front and rear. That way you wouldn't be stuck with one particular set of gloves.
I was thinking about it a while back, too.. glad to see someone got it going.. I was thinking along the lines of a wrist band combined with another at around elbow position.

The only thing that I don't like about the gloves (because I'm old school) is that I was taught that the left hand/arm did the signalling, your right stayed in contact with the bike. Oddly, that action is very hard to overcome since it was planted in my head when I was very young.

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
Yes. As a matter of fact, signalling right, left and even stop with the left hand still seems most natural to me.

The only problem is that no one around you has any idea what you're trying to tell them.

If you hold your left hand out and up (signalling right turn), they think you're waving at them.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
I often wondered if the kid in the car behind me knew what I was doing when I used hand signals while driving my 50 ford before I installed turn signals, that's the main reason I added the turn signal switch.

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
Around here it doesn't matter what the signal says, be prepared for the cager to do anything at all.. Signalling right approaching a turn off then going to the outside left lane with the right blinker still on.. the other day I watched someone make a left turn from the middle lane, cutting off both the left turn lane and a through lane next to them.

"Right turn, Clyde."