Magrider built an Italian

GoldenMotor.com

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Mag,
Are you getting it wet this weekend? If so tell me how she runs...
My clutch hasn't came in yet but that's just another excuse besides work but I'll be ready for Grange. dance1

magrider

Aug 24, 2010
OrangeCounty, CA
I wasn’t planning on riding the Italian yesterday in the rain, but I felt it was a great opportunity to put a little more time on it. I was having a problem getting it started and almost gave up until Will gave me some starting fluid and finally it fired up. The night before I Changed the oil and drained the fuel tank, in doing so I emptied the carb of all the fuel. The bike is running like it should, I still have to finish breaking it in, then I can start the tuning. The first adjustments will be made to the clutch as soon as I learn what to do.

We had a fun time except for Dave, have a speedy recovery. See you at the next one, rain or shine -magrider-

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
is the blue washer used to keep count? and does the trim hole on the side cover line up to adjust with out cover removed?

magrider

Aug 24, 2010
OrangeCounty, CA
is the blue washer used to keep count? and does the trim hole on the side cover line up to adjust with out cover removed?
i use the blue washer to keep count, I'm sure that is what it is meant for.

the trim hole on my engine needs to be drilled and tapped. it is something that I will do on the off season. I measured it and it might work as the trim hole on the case doesn't align perfectly with the spring adjusters on the clutch. Its close enough that it is worth giving it a try.