79cc Predator Carburetor Mods.

GoldenMotor.com

thingswithwelding

Mar 22, 2016
Long Beach CA
Hello. Im getting to the point where my build is engine related. Im finishing up,framework. I need to make a manifold as my engine is tilted 25 degrees forward. I read and was told to change out my carburetor for a PZ 19 or PZ 20.

Questions.

1. Are all these PZ Carburetors the same? Is there anything to stay away from on ebay etc?
2. Im feeling that I may need to fabricate my manifold myself because my build is custom with the 25 degree tilt. So, I dont think there is going to be a manifold that will make my carb level like it should be. >>>Question>>> Can the manifold have seems on the inside where the welding on the outside would be? Because Im going to have to make a bend and seem to get the right angles you see? Can I put welds near the ends of the manifold tube and just Jb weld a smooth surface on the inside? Anyways, Id like some tips on this manifold thing as I want to run into no problems. I know JB weld fuel resistant kind isnt the best way to do anything, I just figure a weld seem will cause fuel delivery problems.
3. Am I missing something? Does the carb need be exactly paralell flat to the ground?

Thanks guys. Thingswithwelding.

thingswithwelding

Mar 22, 2016
Long Beach CA
Oh yea, where do people get the correct throttle cable? Im assuming the PZ style carbs have that traditional lead ball that goeds onto the slide. Do they sell them in different lengths with the housing? Do people trim them? Im trying to do a decent job and dont want extra cable or not enough. Cheers. Thingswithwelding

Last edited:

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
You can make the cable yourself super easy with some solder and a dremel- that tutorial is buried here in the forum
And you intake manifold should be as Smooth as possible look for a set of beach cruiser or ape hangers they usually have some nice bends in them that work for intake manifolds.

thingswithwelding

Mar 22, 2016
Long Beach CA
You can make the cable yourself super easy with some solder and a dremel- that tutorial is buried here in the forum
And you intake manifold should be as Smooth as possible look for a set of beach cruiser or ape hangers they usually have some nice bends in them that work for intake manifolds.
Thanks for helping me here. What about the ID of the tube? Does it have to match the ID of the Head hole and carburetor hole? I have handlebar tube because I make bars. Its 7/8 OD but the ID is a bit larger which would cause a step going out the carb and in the intake at the head.