NEXT Avalon... Jet "80"cc stealth.... will it fit?

GoldenMotor.com

noobtard

Apr 25, 2009
PA

I'm thinking there's no way the motor's gonna fit in this thing... I was with my grandparents at wally-world today.. all of the bikes seemed like they would be a really tight fit... + the cruisers only had coaster brakes...

should have done my homework and had taken a tape measure along... my grandparents were pestering me with questions cause they couldn't figure out how everything would work... so then a hot chick wally-world worker decided to come help us out.... and my decision making process kinda blew up at that point. . .

ah well.. twas $118.. nice bike I guess.. v-brakes, dual suspension, only about 30 pounds, etc.. it's begging me to take it a ride around the block but, will be going back I spose(next indeed...)... daym hot chicks anyways!(lol) :(

I did find one post on here saying a guy got it to fit.. except for the carb.. any confirmations?

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
That Bike Is About The Only Dual Suspension You Can Use With The China Girl. It Should Be Worth The Trouble With The Carb. I Would Check Who Did The Build Before. Maybe Before You Return It. Or Do You Just Want To See The Girl Again? Lol. Ron ............cvlt1

noobtard

Apr 25, 2009
PA
I think my dad could come up with a slanted(or whatever) intake easy.. just worried if the rest of it will fit... someone else that did a 48cc build.. said he had to "dent" the frame to get it to fit...

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
thats going to be a very tight fit,but it does have nice tires.
i went with a scwhinn delmar cruiser instead and the coaster brake works great.

Earthman

Mar 24, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I saw your bike at Wal-Mart last night. After seeing it, I don't think there is enough room for an engine within the frame. Sorry.

Last edited:

noobtard

Apr 25, 2009
PA
we shall see when It comes I guess... my hopes aren't up... ordered from canaduh, it when straight to Washington state.. now it only has to travel all the way across the county to get to me... whee... June 12th est. delivery... wah.

REALLY want to ride the bike even without the motar... but what can you do?(p.s. walmart f'ing sucks at putting bikes together..) I should have just bought the thing in a box... bleh.
what kinda of grease is recommended for bearings? I think they just used oil... or nothing at all.... the nuts were finger-loose on the front and back even... (what do these people get paid for again?)

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
i would return the bike and get a diffrent one,its going to be a very tight fit and the bike may need to be modified,cut and drilled or dented or wacked. the bike does ride nice without a engine and it does have nice tires. but its aluminum too.

noobtard

Apr 25, 2009
PA
Yeah, I rode it about 10-12 miles today.. does ride semi-nice.. cept my sister's pink mtb was actually way faster... sigh.. hopefully not for long... another guy got a 66whatevercc engine on to it.. hopefully I'll be that lucky...

the gear changing on this thing blows... if I tried to stand up and peddle I got some hmm.. rather large clunking movement/sound... as if the chain was trying to pop off... maybe the de-railer just needs adjusted don't know.. if there is no possible way the engine will fit I may be an @$$ and try to return the thing..

finally found the "made in china" mark of quality on it... woot.

noobtard

Apr 25, 2009
PA
well, the engine kit finally came:

yeah, I'm screwed.. should be fun trying to get this sorted...

made some more paint scratches on it so.. returning it is pretty much out of the question.. front tire is slowly going flat after 1 ride... gotta love chinese valve stems.

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
Noobtard already posted pics of his avalon next bike with engine above and theres a link above for more pics. But if i was you i would get almost any other bike to use instead of that one.

Flattracker

Dec 4, 2009
TX
Re: will it fit? YES IT WILL!!

Look at mine! You'll have to get a slant head, and rig a spring loaded chain idler to compensate for the rear suspensions changing geometry. Look at the pictures. But it WORKS!! Dual Suspension rules. I was inspired by your attempt at building a dual suspension, and because of you I did it! Thanks! Its easy, anyone want to know just ask me!

Attachments

ride65

Jan 9, 2009
connecticut
Nice looking bike. Could you give us an idea how you mounted the rear sprocket on the composite wheel and whos wheels they are.

Thanks.