Around the World on a Honda Cub!

GoldenMotor.com

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
It's roots were in 1950s German and Italian lightweights, moulded and honed by Honda's personal insistence that customer satisfaction was paramount; a happy customer is a returning customer. It seems to have paid off.

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
Yes, I'm hearing the same thing that racie heard.

This platform has outsold both the VW Beetle and the Ford F-150.

And the reason that I called it a Honda Cub in the title is that it's close enough plus hardly anyone would be likely to recognize "Symba 100".

And I agree, gaffo, that the Wolf is a very nice looking bike.

Last edited:

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Finally made it through the whole enchilada. It was cool Blue planted the seed with Colin about a MB trip!!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I want to bump this just in case there's someone who isn't aware of this amazing saga.

I'm not finished yet but I devote at least an hour a day to reading it. It's been like reading a good novel. Just gets better the more I read. It's almost as if I know this couple. I've spent so many hours with them by now they feel like friends.

Tom

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Wow! Just finished the last installment. I can feel their sadness and wanted their saga to continue as much as I think they did. What a great read. Lots of entertainment.
It was good to see our community represented in the comments to Colin and Re. Thanks Blue, for being our ambassador and posting the link.

Tom

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
I like to travel, but they 'enlightened' me on areas of the world that I would never have considered........and some that I still won't consider! :D

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I'd have no desire to explore Africa ot India but I think I'd enjoy Southeast Asia.

On page 40 of their adventure Colin describes 'Songkran', or water festival. I was fortunate to experience that twice in Bangkok. Try to picture about a hundred people on the decks of two ferry boats, all armed with water balloons and launchers firing them across about twenty feet of river trying to hit the other boat. Some of the balloons were filled with talcum or baby powder, but most with water. Some a combination.

On shore and walking down a street you had to expect someone to pop out of a store with either a water gun, a water balloon or even a bucket filled with water and drenching you. We were warned to put our wallets and valuables in plastic bags to protect them because if you ventured out of your hotel it was a certainty that you'd get wet. We were also told that it would be considered an insult if you were to get mad or otherwise protest the festivities of the holiday. We took it in stride. Fond memories of my 20s. I thank Colin and Re for the memory.

Tom